Classifieds System

2 hours ago, Chris027 said:

OK, i found some information.

Someone added a product for sale and the link to the item was mydomain[.com]/classifieds/3111--/

@Chris027 thanks for the detailed information, I will investigate even though it seems impossible for a user remove an ad name. In any case I will add a check to avoid the error.

The same guy has done it again (unknowingly). Now I have to go into MySQL and remove the records. Browsing through AdminCP causes an error as soon as the product is displayed in the list. 

This seems like a huge security hole if someone can create an advert that brings down entire sections of a site and can’t be resolved without MySQL command line deletions. 

I now have the complete text the person used to create the advert, but I am unable to recreate the issue. He can cause the issue every time. He is pasting a word doc into the form. When he removes a specific set of paragraphs, everything works perfect. If he pastes the entire doc, then we have issues. 

Just now, Chris027 said:

I now have the complete text the person used to create the advert, but I am unable to recreate the issue. He can cause the issue every time. He is pasting a word doc into the form. When he removes a specific set of paragraphs, everything works perfect. If he pastes the entire doc, then we have issues. 

Did you check if thsi works OK in a normal post?

2 hours ago, Chris027 said:

That's a great idea, but I can't recreate it. Only this guy can somehow. 

OK.

Could you maybe ask him to clear all browser history, cookies and temp files, and see if it still happens?

If you haven't that is.

Many people never do this, or not often enough, and I have seen weird things happen as a result, f.e., a user who got the wrong pictures in a post he was reading, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. People who couldn't save anything, etc.

HTH, kind regards, Wim

46 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

@Chris027 
I have added an additional check,
although I must say that this is the first time I have been notified of such a thing.
It will be available within 7-10 days with the new update.
If you want a patch now please contact me privately.

Thank you! 

I should be ok until the update is released. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

It needs to be installed!

Check your Applications page ( ACP => System => Applications )

No commerce option there. Classifieds is installed. However I don't see Commerce option there anywhere to install it or otherwise. 

Could contain: Text

Edited by golfspy_APH
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 10:43 AM, InvisionHQ said:

@Chris027 
I have added an additional check,
although I must say that this is the first time I have been notified of such a thing.
It will be available within 7-10 days with the new update.
If you want a patch now please contact me privately.

Any news on the new version?

• 3 weeks later...