Template System

On 1/1/2022 at 6:09 AM, livegames.co.il said:

Can I add an open text field on the opening topic process where the user must input decimal value only ("1.7" for exemple)? Can this number be treated and presented as a tag? (please see screenshot 2),

Yes to the first part (decimals), no to the tag.

Can I set a condition as if a specific selection was chosen from the already existing drop-down (please see screenshot 1 ), so the decimal field will disappear?

Not sure what you mean by "already existing dropdown". You can set up one template field to show/hide another template field. But you can't set it up on fields that are not part of this application. Let me know if you need me to explain that further.

Can i swap position of fields? (screenshot 3)

Yes. You can order the custom fields any way you want.

Thank you. I bought it, and I will try to play with it. 

On 5/17/2018 at 5:20 PM, HeadStand said:

Yes! Put the following at the end of your view template:

<hr class='ipsHr'>

That should do it.

Could you please help to bold this separate line? 

Edited by livegames.co.il
6 hours ago, livegames.co.il said:

Thank you. I bought it, and I will try to play with it. 

Could you please help to bold this separate line? 

The <hr> tag? That's basically just a border... there's not really a way to "bold" it. You could increase the border-width to make it thicker. So something like

<hr class='ipsHr' style='border-width:3px 0 0 0;'>

1 hour ago, HeadStand said:

The <hr> tag? That's basically just a border... there's not really a way to "bold" it. You could increase the border-width to make it thicker. So something like

<hr class='ipsHr' style='border-width:3px 0 0 0;'>

Thanks! 

Can i configure that only certain groups will see the new field? 

GREAT APP! @HeadStand

1. It seemed that there is any kind of field, except time field?
  2. Can i set minimum decimal number value field? Like "1.4" value and limit to x.x format?
  3. when i am trying to limit the length of the text i am getting the following error 

image.png

Edited by livegames.co.il
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 3:49 PM, livegames.co.il said:

GREAT APP! @HeadStand

1. It seemed that there is any kind of field, except time field?
  2. Can i set minimum decimal number value field? Like "1.4" value and limit to x.x format?
  3. when i am trying to limit the length of the text i am getting the following error 

image.png

All of these are handled by the core IPS functionality, it's not specific to my app.

1. IPS does not offer a time field

2. Again, the options available for each field type are handled by the core IPS functionality. 

3. What did you set the length to?

On 2/28/2022 at 1:04 AM, HeadStand said:

All of these are handled by the core IPS functionality, it's not specific to my app.

1. IPS does not offer a time field

2. Again, the options available for each field type are handled by the core IPS functionality. 

3. What did you set the length to?

Why is a massive delay in the support?

image.png.5c2b4b24ae1175fe38fae59b06937af9.png

20 hours ago, livegames.co.il said:

image.png.5c2b4b24ae1175fe38fae59b06937af9.png

Based on the exception above, it seems like you had data already in that column that was longer than whatever IPS decides to set it to. The field generation itself is controlled entirely by IPS. My code does not actually create or modify the database columns.

20 hours ago, livegames.co.il said:

Why is a massive delay in the support?

I love how I have to get into my personal life on these topics..... I had covid in January, followed by my kids. Fell massively behind with work. My private clients take precedence over marketplace support.

In general, if you have something urgent, feel free to PM me. I usually respond to PMs much quicker than these topics.

3 hours ago, HeadStand said:

I love how I have to get into my personal life on these topics..... I had covid in January, followed by my kids. Fell massively behind with work. My private clients take precedence over marketplace support.

Just a fact of life, you have a client/customer, no matter what minimal amount they paid or how long ago, they mostly expect you to drop everything 24/7 to sort their issue out as they are blinkered and think they are the only customer/client in the world and you dont have a life or anything better to do..... I have had quite a few of them over the years, thankfully I got rid of most of them 😆

Hope you recovered from covid and haven't any lasting symptoms, stay safe and love the newsletters app ! 

Edited by Muddy Boots
5 hours ago, Muddy Boots said:

Just a fact of life, you have a client/customer, no matter what minimal amount they paid or how long ago, they mostly expect you to drop everything 24/7 to sort their issue out as they are blinkered and think they are the only customer/client in the world and you dont have a life or anything better to do..... I have had quite a few of them over the years, thankfully I got rid of most of them 😆

Hope you recovered from covid and haven't any lasting symptoms, stay safe and love the newsletters app ! 

I don't mean to come off as horrible... 😆

I generally try to be better about support, but I've just been drowning lately. Doing the best I can. 

• 4 months later...

Ran the update this morning. Went to add a new field this afternoon and it locks up the whole database.

It's running a select statement that can't run because the tables are locked waiting for that query to run.

SELECT orig_ipb_forums_topics.title as title,orig_ipb_templates_fields_values.field_3 as deal_price FROM orig_ipb_forums_topics LEFT JOIN orig_ipb_templates_fields_values ON orig_ipb_forums_topics.tid=orig_ipb_templates_fields_values.item_id  WHERE orig_ipb_forums_topics.start_date >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2020-03-01') AND orig_ipb_forums_topics.approved=1 ORDER BY orig_ipb_forums_topics.tid DESC Limit 10000000
Waiting for table metadata lock ALTER TABLE `orig_ipb_templates_fields_values` DROP COLUMN `field_12`

It puts the whole site into an Error 500 until we kill those queries or reboot the SQL server.

On 7/27/2022 at 4:00 AM, Emediate said:

Ran the update this morning. Went to add a new field this afternoon and it locks up the whole database.

It's running a select statement that can't run because the tables are locked waiting for that query to run.

SELECT orig_ipb_forums_topics.title as title,orig_ipb_templates_fields_values.field_3 as deal_price FROM orig_ipb_forums_topics LEFT JOIN orig_ipb_templates_fields_values ON orig_ipb_forums_topics.tid=orig_ipb_templates_fields_values.item_id  WHERE orig_ipb_forums_topics.start_date >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2020-03-01') AND orig_ipb_forums_topics.approved=1 ORDER BY orig_ipb_forums_topics.tid DESC Limit 10000000
Waiting for table metadata lock ALTER TABLE `orig_ipb_templates_fields_values` DROP COLUMN `field_12`

It puts the whole site into an Error 500 until we kill those queries or reboot the SQL server.

No issues on my end.

The query that appears to be locking things would be happening only if a field were deleted, not added. And that would be something handled by the IPS core code, not my custom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 11:48 PM, HeadStand said:

No issues on my end.

The query that appears to be locking things would be happening only if a field were deleted, not added. And that would be something handled by the IPS core code, not my custom.

Do you mind if I PM you to discuss this further please?

On 8/17/2022 at 8:35 PM, Emediate said:

Do you mind if I PM you to discuss this further please?

Sure, go ahead.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:29 AM, Li3D said:

Hi,

URL Field Type doesn't work anymore. It's empty every time I submit it. If I change for text field it's OK.

Invision Community v4.7.0 + Template System v1.3.3.

A new version has been pushed to the Marketplace and is pending approval. It contains a fix for this issue.

• 2 weeks later...