Template System

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I am trying to figure out what exactly this is and what it could be used for. I read the description but I still don't know what I could do with this 😞

I'm not using the app, is possible transfer to you my purchase for 50% of the price? 🤔 

17 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I am trying to figure out what exactly this is and what it could be used for. I read the description but I still don't know what I could do with this 😞

Custom Fields anywhere and everywhere.

Need a new field in topic post screen? Gallery post image? Event post screen? Downloads files post screen? It also adds in other 3rd-party resources if they follow IPS standards.

Never used it but that’s what I understand from the description. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 7:47 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Custom Fields anywhere and everywhere.

Need a new field in topic post screen? Gallery post image? Event post screen? Downloads files post screen? It also adds in other 3rd-party resources if they follow IPS standards.

Never used it but that’s what I understand from the description.

@HeadStand Missing clubs support. Please could you add this in clubs too?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Does anyone can show a Gallery screenshots with plugin fields:

• loading page
  • single image page 

Acc.with description (bird watchers) plugin will fit for my purpose - ship spotters, but how does it look and where fields will be located? I'm not a web professional to sort it out after buy. Hope for correct understanding. Thanks.

Edited by Andrey Arefuliln
  • 1 month later...

Hello @HeadStand

Thank you for an awesome app.

I have quite happily added the Template System to a few forum topics where I needed it. But now I would like to take the data and add it to a topic listing  (TopicRow) in the forum index page. Is there any documentation on how this?

I have used the manual view code and it renders as empty. I have looked in the database to see what the saved template rows/tables are called, so that I might call them separately and have not found them.

We are a fanfiction forum with a wide variety of readers who really want to know if the content is adult or for everyone before they click on the topic listing.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

On 4/15/2020 at 7:45 PM, mls@meryton.com said:

Hello @HeadStand

Thank you for an awesome app.

I have quite happily added the Template System to a few forum topics where I needed it. But now I would like to take the data and add it to a topic listing  (TopicRow) in the forum index page. Is there any documentation on how this?

I have used the manual view code and it renders as empty. I have looked in the database to see what the saved template rows/tables are called, so that I might call them separately and have not found them.

We are a fanfiction forum with a wide variety of readers who really want to know if the content is adult or for everyone before they click on the topic listing.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I have officially solved my own problem and possibly yours, too.

How to get the Info from the Template System app to show up in your Forum Topic Row:

1) AdminCP -> Appearance -> Edit your Theme's html/css </> button.

2) Go to Templates -> forums -> front -> forums -> TopicRow

3) In the TopicRow template, I placed the following content after the second </h4> nestled in with the metadata, as that is where it worked best for me. The span classes are my own, the Template System tags simple:

<div class="story_ratings_tr">
		{{if $row->templateSetContent()|raw}}
			<span class="storyRating">{$row->templateSetContent()|raw}</span>
		{{endif}} 
	</div>

It is not quite the fine level of control at the label and fieldKey level, but good enough for what I needed to do for now.

Perhaps @HeadStand could give tips on how to use the label and fieldKey data in the TopicRow.

On 4/13/2020 at 7:48 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Just checking if this app is still being supported and works with latest version of IPS?

Also can anyone share what a topic that has custom fields looks like when it has been posted?

Thanks in advance

Yes, it's still supported and works with the latest version.

17 hours ago, mls@meryton.com said:

I have officially solved my own problem and possibly yours, too.

How to get the Info from the Template System app to show up in your Forum Topic Row:

1) AdminCP -> Appearance -> Edit your Theme's html/css </> button.

2) Go to Templates -> forums -> front -> forums -> TopicRow

3) In the TopicRow template, I placed the following content after the second </h4> nestled in with the metadata, as that is where it worked best for me. The span classes are my own, the Template System tags simple:

<div class="story_ratings_tr">
		{{if $row->templateSetContent()|raw}}
			<span class="storyRating">{$row->templateSetContent()|raw}</span>
		{{endif}} 
	</div>

It is not quite the fine level of control at the label and fieldKey level, but good enough for what I needed to do for now.

Perhaps @HeadStand could give tips on how to use the label and fieldKey data in the TopicRow.

Glad you were able to figure it out! This is actually the only way to do it - I never was able to implement anything on the topic row level, as I couldn't do it generically and have it work automatically with all content items. It would have required manual template edits.

As for the label and fieldKey.... you can do that as

{$row->template_fieldKey}

So for example, if you have a field with a key "field1", it would be $row->template_field1. You would do the label like

{$row->template_fieldKey_label}

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, HeadStand said:

Yes, it's still supported and works with the latest version.

Glad you were able to figure it out! This is actually the only way to do it - I never was able to implement anything on the topic row level, as I couldn't do it generically and have it work automatically with all content items. It would have required manual template edits.

As for the label and fieldKey.... you can do that as

{$row->template_fieldKey}

So for example, if you have a field with a key "field1", it would be $row->template_field1. You would do the label like

{$row->template_fieldKey_label}

Hope this helps.

Thank you, @HeadStand !

• 1 month later...

Hello @HeadStand

I have just purchased the app and it does what it needs to do (little confusing to get it started but figured out). 

Few questions

• Current version, is it possible to change the order of how it is displayed in the form?
    • Editing the set, does have a few locations displays but it only changes after you made the topic.
  • Is it possible to add an option to add a label to the main content item? 
    • This will confuse some members what to put in the box since almost everything else has a label. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.773cc0c9d40866fb7f5879198352bb22.PNG

Edited by Goza
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 1:32 PM, cdymlr said:

Is it possible to automatically fill a field with data from a member's profile? (ex. have a field called member id and populate it with {$member->member_id} from core_members)

You can, but it's a little annoying. You'd need to know the profile field group ID and the field ID. So it would be something like 

{{$fields = \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->contentProfileFields();}}
{$fields['core_pfieldgroups_1']['core_pfield_1']}

On 5/25/2020 at 3:50 AM, Goza said:

Current version, is it possible to change the order of how it is displayed in the form?

• Editing the set, does have a few locations displays but it only changes after you made the topic.

Not at this time. Everything shows up before the main content area.

On 5/25/2020 at 3:50 AM, Goza said:

Is it possible to add an option to add a label to the main content item? 

• This will confuse some members what to put in the box since almost everything else has a label. 

The content area you're looking at is generated by the IPS code, not by this modification. But you can add a label to that by changing the language string with the key "topic_content".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...