Template System

10 hours ago, Emediate said:

@HeadStand are you around? It's been a week now and part of our site functionality is crippled until we can fix this. I need your input please to guide us with the issue I have reported to you.

I actually have not been around. 😬 Took my kids on a trip and got back yesterday. School starts today and I'll be back at work. I'll put you on the list for today. Hang tight. 

• 2 months later...

@HeadStand, we've been using this for a while now, and there's now a pretty large amount of data stored in custom template fields rather than in post titles or bodies. This sometimes causes problems where people search for content, but it doesn't pull up because it's contained within a template field. Would it be possible for you to update the application such that template fields are indexed for search?

Really appreciate your work in maintaining and updating this plugin! We've gotten a lot of use out of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi. It's been a while since I used the app, just tried now and I'm having an issue and need some pointing in the direction of where I may find the solution.

I've created a simple checkbox set field. I've created the set and placed it in a new container in a discussion forum within a club. When I go to post, no problem, the question appears and I answer. Then when I post, it does not appear. I've tried changing the setting to before or after content and no joy.

Note that I've tried with my modified theme but also with the IPB default, same.

Thoughts?

Thanks E.

1 hour ago, Giray said:

Hi. It's been a while since I used the app, just tried now and I'm having an issue and need some pointing in the direction of where I may find the solution.

I've created a simple checkbox set field. I've created the set and placed it in a new container in a discussion forum within a club. When I go to post, no problem, the question appears and I answer. Then when I post, it does not appear. I've tried changing the setting to before or after content and no joy.

Note that I've tried with my modified theme but also with the IPB default, same.

Thoughts?

Thanks E.

Found the issue. It's another application. Contacting the dev directly to have him look at it. Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello @HeadStand,

first, I'd like to say, that it's a great app and we've been using it for years. Unfortunately however it appears, that recently, after we performed a community upgrade around July 20th to be exact, we have encountered an issue - the custom fields suddenly stopped appearing when creating topics.

These custom fields were untouched for a long time. We tried disabling every single app and plugin, but the fields still weren't showing up.

Just to be sure, I installed your app on fresh local test installation (by the way it doesn't seem like Invision likes this type of troubleshooting for some reason, had to go with workarounds to get the app there) and configured some fields to see if the app works in clean environment - it did, so I started digging in our current configuration of that app.

After reverse-engineering all the settings, it turns out, that the "Editor" Field Type;

Could contain: Text, Page

- causes the entire Template Set to stop appearing during topic creation. The fields along with their contents are still normally present in topics created in the past, these just don't show up when creating and editing the topics.

When I add fields with other types, these normally show up, but the moment I add an "Editor" field to the set, it causes all to disappear, making topic creation show only the default content field. I've checked if it can be recreated in the aforementioned clean installation, and the same issue occurs.

As a workaround, we have been considering swapping the type of that field from "Editor" to "Text Area", which honestly would be fine and works, but even though the settings do not show the following warning in this scenario:

Could contain: City, Text

- we're still worried it might negatively impact existing content, and there's a lot of it there, so we've decided to not risk losing it, and contact you instead.

Is it something you'd be able to patch?
Thank you in advance.