Template System

On 8/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Blizzard098 said:

Is it possible to remove the rich text box at the bottom? 

Do you mean the actual post? Not at this time.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:55 PM, Jerry Thomas said:

Will this support 4.5 soon?

Yes. I'm a little behind schedule until my kids start school, but I definitely will have a 4.5-compatible version ready soon.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

we are still on 4.4

I have just deleted a field.

Now when I go in to to any set and try to view fields I get this error:

2TTS/1 Please check you are signed into the site

Hi,

We have got around the above error by deleting the sets and re-creating them again.

However we have hit another issue.

We need to change the storage settings to another location for filestorage_templates_TemplateFeld

But it's failing to update the location and we get this error message:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ibf_templates_fields_values` AS `templates_fields_values` WHERE field_<>'' OR field_ IS NOT NULL
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'field_' in 'where clause' (1054)
#0 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\templates...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/sites/www..net/html/uk/system/Db/Select.php(355): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/sites/www..net/html/uk/applications/templates/extensions/core/FileStorage/TemplateField.php(38): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /var/www/sites/www..net/html/uk/applications/core/modules/admin/overview/files.php(402): IPS\templates\extensions\core\FileStorage\_TemplateField->count()
#5 /var/www/sites/www..net/html/uk/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\overview\_files->settings()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(29): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#8 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/applications/core/modules/admin/overview/files.php(32): IPS\Dispatcher\hook2503->execute()
#9 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\overview\_files->execute()
#10 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

On 10/12/2020 at 9:11 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

we are still on 4.4

I have just deleted a field.

Now when I go in to to any set and try to view fields I get this error:

2TTS/1 Please check you are signed into the site

On 10/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

We have got around the above error by deleting the sets and re-creating them again.

However we have hit another issue.

We need to change the storage settings to another location for filestorage_templates_TemplateFeld

But it's failing to update the location and we get this error message:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ibf_templates_fields_values` AS `templates_fields_values` WHERE field_<>'' OR field_ IS NOT NULL
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'field_' in 'where clause' (1054)
#0 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\templates...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/sites/www..net/html/uk/system/Db/Select.php(355): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/sites/www..net/html/uk/applications/templates/extensions/core/FileStorage/TemplateField.php(38): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /var/www/sites/www..net/html/uk/applications/core/modules/admin/overview/files.php(402): IPS\templates\extensions\core\FileStorage\_TemplateField->count()
#5 /var/www/sites/www..net/html/uk/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\overview\_files->settings()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(29): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#8 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/applications/core/modules/admin/overview/files.php(32): IPS\Dispatcher\hook2503->execute()
#9 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\overview\_files->execute()
#10 /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Fix has been submitted to the marketplace for both of these issues. Pending approval.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, HeadStand said:

No, but IPS has custom fields already built in for products.

custom fields on nexus is more to do with 'collecting data' rather than displaying fields on projects

would it be a major task to get this to work with nexus?

2 hours ago, HeadStand said:

I'm confused as to how this would work. Where would the field data be entered?  Users don't currently enter any information for products.

as far as am aware the 'custom fields' built in to nexus is for use by the customers to select types of products 

guess its used for admins to offer different sizes or colours etc not as a normal 'custom' type field/feature

your template app does actually pick up nexus

ips/nexus/package/group is an option for container type

but it just doesn't seem to show up on the products Store Display form

1 hour ago, sound said:

but it just doesn't seem to show up on the products Store Display form

Right... but what would it do over there? That's my question. That form isn't used for display, it's used to collect data from the customer. 

If you're looking to put things into the display... I would think you could just add it to the product description in the ACP? Why would you need the fields?

2 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

Right... but what would it do over there? That's my question. That form isn't used for display, it's used to collect data from the customer. 

but that's not what I am asking for, am after a simple custom fields added to the product the same way as they can be added to a calendar item using your template field

2 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

If you're looking to put things into the display... I would think you could just add it to the product description in the ACP? Why would you need the fields?

off the top of my head, some uses

providing uniform structured fields - product types, size, country of origin, condition,  etc 

audio files, - upload fields,   once there can display/play both on the item display and the listings

categories/tags/genres

to me your app would open the use of nexus for ecommerce right up

Just now, sound said:

but that's not what I am asking for, am after a simple custom fields added to the product the same way as they can be added to a calendar item using your template field

I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear. I'm just totally not understanding this request at all.

Walk me through it. So let's say you have this ability here. And you create a dropdown field for size, right? So now... where does the field show up? Who selects the size from the field? Where does the selected size get displayed?

1 hour ago, HeadStand said:

I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear. I'm just totally not understanding this request at all.

Walk me through it. So let's say you have this ability here. And you create a dropdown field for size, right? So now... where does the field show up? Who selects the size from the field? Where does the selected size get displayed?

works the same as it does for say a calendar item

when the owner adds an  item/product , your template app adds to the 'product description' form the custom field set up for size

which once added then displays on the item/product page either above or below the product description

does that help?

edit added:

pm'd you an example of what trying to achieve

Edited by sound
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

1. Can I add an open text field on the opening topic process where the user must input decimal value only ("1.7" for exemple)? Can this number be treated and presented as a tag? (please see screenshot 2),
  2. Can I set a condition as if a specific selection was chosen from the already existing drop-down (please see screenshot 1 ), so the decimal field will disappear?
  3. Can i swap position of fields? (screenshot 3)

image.png.19cc9ed710ee0a49d93bb95cce676975.png

"tag" like this:

image.png.9251f67eaa2cde15ea63d209dde70d8a.png

image.png.09c42f249cf257e3a1b2bd18120646b3.png

@HeadStand

Thanks.

Edited by livegames.co.il