Template System

3 hours ago, Mr. Monster said:

@HeadStand

Is it possible to make it so that multiple sets can be required?

Switching to another deletes the choices you picked in the previous.

No. If you need fields from 2 sets, just create a 3rd set that includes all the fields from both sets. You CAN have one field belong to multiple sets.

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Does this work with the add marker section in member map

I would like to add some fields to the add marker page

https://www.walkingfootball.com/membermap/markers/group/11-friendlies/

Thanks

I'm honestly not sure, as I don't have the code to Member Map. It automatically detects anything that is classified as a "content item", but I don't know if the member markers are counted as that.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:52 PM, HeadStand said:

I'm honestly not sure, as I don't have the code to Member Map. It automatically detects anything that is classified as a "content item", but I don't know if the member markers are counted as that.

Martin the Member map developer states the following so this means your app with work with his then yes?

To answer her question, member markers are content items.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @HeadStand,

I bought the app today. I really like it so far.

I was curious if there was a way to disable the default text box if a forum is using a set and the " Allow Empty Content " check box is turned on. Perhaps there is a way to have an option to disable the text box input from showing up when a user clicks on "Star New Topic" ?

4 hours ago, joshuaj said:

Hi @HeadStand,

I bought the app today. I really like it so far.

I was curious if there was a way to disable the default text box if a forum is using a set and the " Allow Empty Content " check box is turned on. Perhaps there is a way to have an option to disable the text box input from showing up when a user clicks on "Star New Topic" ?

As I stated earlier, for a variety of technical reasons, I can't get rid of that completely. 

35 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

As I stated earlier, for a variety of technical reasons, I can't get rid of that completely. 

Right, sorry I'm using the wrong terminology. I understand the topic needs to be "empty" - I just want to hide the box from the user so that they don't have to see it during input.

10 hours ago, joshuaj said:

Right, sorry I'm using the wrong terminology. I understand the topic needs to be "empty" - I just want to hide the box from the user so that they don't have to see it during input.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about as well. 😉 I understood what you meant.

I'm not sure that I can do it, honestly. I can try, but no guarantees. At the time that I added that particular feature, it was extremely tricky and I don't know that I'd be able to hide it completely.

I was brainstorming I thought it might be possible to use the HTML logic to say :

if (setting allow empty content = true)

<--some html style to display: none -->

{{if settings.auto_polling_enabled}}
	<!-- Shows if the 'auto_polling_enabled' setting is true (i.e. enabled) -->
{{endif}}

Update:

I did a template edit and managed to get the text box to display: none with this code. It works for my purposes, but I think it would be better to use the settings logic so I don't have to update the forums in the code when I decide to use multiple forums. The problem with this is when the user edits it - it shows the text box.

{{if request.app == 'forums' && request.module == 'forums' && request.id == 32}}
		<div class='ipsComposeArea_editor' data-role="editor" style="display: none;">
          {{endif}}

Edited by joshuaj
8 hours ago, Morozzz said:

Hi. Tell me, how can I turn off the display of the field switch? I use only one field and the top drop-down list is unnecessary.

Screenshot.thumb.png.dc588a27a4c8817550c660bc67923b7e.png

I believe it should be hidden if you use one set AND the set is marked as required. Check the documentation on "Containers" for details on how to configure that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there.

Couple of pre-purchase questions (not deal breakers).

1. We agree that we can assign different field sets 'per' calendar?
  2. By any chance... I bought Club Categories (TheJackal) to have different 'types' of clubs. I need to have different fields for different club categories. Do you think it'll work?
  3. Same question with Collections (DevFuse)? I need to have different fields for different categories.

Thanks!!

PS. long time... 7 years.

Edited by Giray
On 6/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, Giray said:

Hi there.

2. By any chance... I bought Club Categories (TheJackal) to have different 'types' of clubs. I need to have different fields for different club categories. Do you think it'll work?
  3. Same question with Collections (DevFuse)? I need to have different fields for different categories.

Thanks!!

Hi. No answer 😞 This said, I think I'll give it a shot anyway and see how it goes. Buying it now.

Well, so far I'm enjoying Template System. It has helped me immensely on the calendar side.

My only remaining wish is the ability to use it with Clubs & Club Categories. I have different 'types' of clubs and have no way to tailor the fields. Any chance at all?

Thanks!

On 6/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, Giray said:

Hi there.

Thanks!!

I remember you! 🙂

1. Yes
  2. I don't integrate with 3rd party modifications out of the box unless they're using the Container/Item/Comment structure. Categories wouldn't use such a thing. That being said... I think Clubs itself supports custom fields. Does it not? Is it not enough for what you're trying to do? If not, we can talk privately about building a custom integration piece.
  3. I haven't ever seen the Collections modifications so I can't answer this question. If it uses the standard structure it should support it.

Hi E.

Clubs do support custom fields but now with the Club Categories plugin, I would need to create different sets of fields. But no, I don't want to use you for custom work for this. If this community works I have another need, much more core to the project, and then yes, absolutely, you'll be hearing from me. But for now, enjoying this one. Really great job. I've been playing with it all morning!!!

Just a heads up to anyone using 'Collections' by Mike John. Template System does not seem to work there. HeadStand makes it clear that she cannot integrate with all apps, but just wanted to flag this one for anyone using it. Collections actually do show up in the Containers, but then the sets act funny in the front end. Actually, the set does not show up in the front end, it does in the back end but I had a 'stray' field sneak in from another set.

I want to make clear, I love the application, it's great and I recommend it. But if you want to use it with Collections, it won't work.

{said with lots of affection for the programmer, who is amazing, having worked with her in a past life!!}

Edited by Giray

I reread the entire section and indeed, I think I'm not the only one that would like to have some more control over style. I guess we have to dig down into the templates and css, but I think there are basic changes you could implement in the supplied CSS, down the road?

1. If I select two items in a multiple item field, the output is a comma with no space separating the two items. There shoulda at least be a space. Thoughts?
  2. If an editor field comes after any other field, the title of the field is single spaced (stuck to the previous field) but then the first line that was typed in the editor is double spaced (that's using plain text). Thoughts?

Thanks!

On 6/5/2019 at 5:42 PM, Giray said:

I reread the entire section and indeed, I think I'm not the only one that would like to have some more control over style. I guess we have to dig down into the templates and css, but I think there are basic changes you could implement in the supplied CSS, down the road?

1. If I select two items in a multiple item field, the output is a comma with no space separating the two items. There shoulda at least be a space. Thoughts?
  2. If an editor field comes after any other field, the title of the field is single spaced (stuck to the previous field) but then the first line that was typed in the editor is double spaced (that's using plain text). Thoughts?

Thanks!

I will fix #1.

#2 is not a styling issue. #2 is the actual editor content - it always inserts paragraph breaks around the text. If you don't want paragraph breaks, you'd need to use a TextArea instead of an editor (but of course then you wouldn't get any other formatting options).