What happened to the menu?

Adriano Faria

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lindy said:

Perhaps you can elaborate on what is complex and confusing?

The breadcrumb 'home' link, which i did not even realize I use as much as I do, takes one to the homepage, which has no breadcrumb, where it used to take one to the forums index. I keep landing there lol, muscle memory has me clicking the home link. >.<

Given that the design intentionally omits the breadcrumb on the main site pages, would it be possible to get a small hook added to change the root crumb to the forums app, so browsing the forums would be less interrupted? Not a big deal if not, just thought i'd mention it

We are no longer using this community as an out of the box demo of the product. Instead, we are creating a demo that shows different ways you can use the software (and, of course, stock.) Also note, we're not done with the actual community design on this site just yet. It should be clear it's unique to our site and the demo site should convey expectations for the retail download. 

Excellent to hear. ^_^ 

• Management
Just now, Marcher Technologies said:

The breadcrumb 'home' link, which i did not even realize I use as much as I do, takes one to the homepage, which has no breadcrumb, where it used to take one to the forums index.

Given that the design intentionally omits the breadcrumb on the main site pages, would it be possible to get a small hook added to change the root crumb to the forums app, so browsing the forums would be less interrupted?

I don't hate that idea to be honest. Let me check into it. Pages is the primary app, which is why it goes to the homepage - but I agree the expectation is for "home" to go to the community home given the context. 

• Management
1 hour ago, mojeda said:

Client Area is broken :( I only see my marketplace purchases, no where to manage my IP software stuff.

Edit: for anyone else https://www.invisionpower.com/clientarea/

(I didn't have it bookmarked or memorized)

Could you please let me know what link you were following? I believed we'd them all updated. 

"Manage Purchases" at the top takes you to the client area. 

• Management
9 minutes ago, chilihead said:

[#20X40] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

You need to click "Sign in" on the client area. SSO is not reversed to the client area at this time. 

6 minutes ago, Lindy said:

Could you please let me know what link you were following? I believed we'd them all updated. 

"Manage Purchases" at the top takes you to the client area. 

https://invisionpower.com/clients/

Which is under Support -> Client Area

Additionally when I clicked the verification link to clear one of my license's URL it sent me to a /clients/ URL however it does not work, changing /clients/ to /clientarea/ fixed it.

Manage Purchases only takes me to purchases I've made in the marketplace, I was looking for the client area in which I can manage my IP License, renew them, etc. There is currently no link anywhere to that portion of the client area.

13 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Lindy would be willing to share some of this design with fellow Admins? I would love to modify and use it on my own site. I kind of like the footer nav area neat and clean. ;)

I think what I would love to see turned into a guide is https://invisionpower.com/features/apps

That's a fantastic display page using what I assume is the power of IP.Pages. Would be an excellent "See how to use pages" tutorial.

I really liked this corporate look in the community. I was wondering for long time that IPS should match the look and feel of the community to the corporate website. This is reflecting the major advantage of having IPS apps i.e. Get your main website tightly integrated with your community. Good Work...

Suggestion:

1. In main content area of community keeping 100% width width 15px margins will look good.
  2. "Our community" text needs improvements or removal.

The sub-navigation (Manage Purchases, Orders, etc.) on the Marketplace only seems to work/appear on the Marketplace home.

I'm talking about this menu in the lighter blue...

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 00.19.56.png

But when I go to a Marketplace page, like Account Credit, the menu in the light blue disappears and is replaced with the standard one:

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 00.20.19.png

To then go to the Manage Purchases page I have to go back and find it again. Surely the Marketplace light blue menu should appear when you browse to one of the pages it links to?

On 12-3-2016 at 7:06 AM, Lindy said:

We don't plan on releasing our corporate site/theme, but we do plan on doing a demo site with various example uses of the apps such as Pages and I'm sure we can release those. ^_^

I understand that, but could you at least give some hints which templates to edit? :p

Archived