What happened to the menu?

Adriano Faria

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that Charles however, IPB had 2 themes available earlier, this one and the Default 4.1. When I clicked on the default 4.1 the secondary navigation was gone and replaced with drop-down menus. Will the new default theme get rid of the secondary navigation and just keep the primary?

Perhaps, move "Our Community" to where "Forums" is, so you can free up some valuable space? At the same time, moving the secondary navigation more left would make it look a bit odd if the first-level navigation is still at the same place. So I dont know. ;)

2016-03-10 19-09-01.png

29 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

I understand that Charles however, IPB had 2 themes available earlier, this one and the Default 4.1. When I clicked on the default 4.1 the secondary navigation was gone and replaced with drop-down menus. Will the new default theme get rid of the secondary navigation and just keep the primary?

No, IPS4 has the same default menu configuration that it's had since 4.1.

29 minutes ago, Charles said:

I'm not sure how else to say it but all the changes you see here are just for our site here...

I am wondering why the team wouldn't want the layout to match the product customers will get upon purchase.

I am thinking this can only lead to either

• people unhappy because they like the navigation here and want it on their own site 
  • people unhappy because they don't like it and will not purchase as a result. (not understanding that it's different after purchase)

Honest feedback alert!

Your menus are too complex and confusing.

As an admin, I can hardly understand either how to navigate or set them up.

The only 'distracting' thing are changes like these while we're waiting for a stack of bugs to be fixed.

Thank you to everyone who has complained here.

Archived