(TB) Bump Up Topics

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello guys!

Here's a quick quote of what I've already mentioned in other support topics:

Sorry guys, I've been absent for quite a while but I'll be around again from now on. This modification does indeed still work with newer versions, but with the changes IPS made to the marketplace it's not possible to download it anymore.

I've gone ahead and submitted a new version so that it's properly listed as compatible for 4.4-4.6. Just waiting for IPS to approve the change. 😺

For those interested this is the changelog for the new 4.0.0 version:

• Added 4.6 compatibility
  • Fixed bumped topics not showing up in activity streams
  • Fixed the daily bump limit error not showing the correct daily amount for the group
  • It is now possible to edit the forums group option to be empty (useful to assign a group as secondary one to change bump values for different members)
  • Updated the "Last bump" and "Last post" limits to use the new Interval form helper to make it easier to understand what the limits are (previously the value was always shown as minutes)
  • Updated the plugin to follow the last IPS Marketplace guidelines
  • Added missing check for the SUITE_UNIQUE_KEY constant in several old hooks

Edited by teraßyte
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just submitted a new 4.1.0 version:

• Added a new "Can remove bumps?" group setting.
  • If the member has a daily bump limit it will now appear when the button is enabled.
  • Updated bump buttons style: green when the user is allowed to bump, red to remove the bump, orange if the member must wait.

Just waiting for IPS to approve it now. In case you don't want to wait the new version is already available for download on my site.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Super app; using it a lot. @teraßyte

suggestion:
If i wanted to bump several topics, i needed to enter each topic separately and bump it.
I think it will be more convenient for the admin to handle it via the quick moderation panel, to mark several topics and bump it all in one. (like mass delete/pin/move topics).

Thanks again 🙂

Could contain: Phone, Electronics, Mobile Phone, Cell Phone

Could contain: Security

Edited by LiveG
On 10/2/2022 at 3:14 PM, Maxtor said:

It's 4.7.2.1 + php 8.0 .

I'm back. I'll be checking the error as soon as I'm done catching up with things.

5 hours ago, LiveG said:

Super app; using it a lot. @teraßyte

suggestion:
If i wanted to bump several topics, i needed to enter each topic separately and bump it.
I think it will be more convenient for the admin to handle it via the quick moderation panel, to mark several topics and bump it all in one. (like mass delete/pin/move topics).

Thanks again 🙂

Could contain: Phone, Electronics, Mobile Phone, Cell Phone

Could contain: Security

Hmm, I don't see many people using this feature honestly. The plugin was initially made to allow users to bump their own topics.

If there is enough interest from other people I can consider adding multi-bump from forum view in a future release. I'll just keep the idea in a corner of my mind for now.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Maxtor said:

after upgrading to 4.1.1 im still getting this error:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Ops, apologies about this. When I tested I wasn't able to reproduce the bug and I was going to ask you more info but I clearly forgot to do so. 😅

So yeah, could you please post the settings you're using for the group having the error? Either make a list of just post a screenshot.

2 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Ops, apologies about this. When I tested I wasn't able to reproduce the bug and I was going to ask you more info but I clearly forgot to do so. 😅

So yeah, could you please post the settings you're using for the group having the error? Either make a list of just post a screenshot.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

• 2 months later...

I guess the above error was still not fixed? Just found this on a CiC clients system

DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone ()
#0 /var/www/html/1/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(130): DateTimeZone->__construct('')
#1 /var/www/html/1/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(335): IPS\forums\hook2769->get_bumpLimits()
#2 /var/www/html/1/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(7567): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get('bumpLimits')
#3 /var/www/html/1/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_global_plugins->tbButBumpButton(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))

BTW, small suggestion for the uninstall code:

\IPS\Db::i()->dropTable('tbbut_groups');
\IPS\Db::i()->dropTable('tbbut_members');

Wrap these 2 calls into a try-catch IPS\Db\Exception block so that the uninstall process doesn't stop if one of the tables is missing.

OK here we go:)
you can't rely on IPS\Member::loggedIn()->timezone being valid and usable inside new \DateTimeZone()

So before you pass it, making sure that it's valid should fix the bug which people are facing.

if( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->timezone and \in_array( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->timezone, \IPS\DateTime::getTimezoneIdentifiers() )