(TB) Bump Up Topics

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.2.2016 at 1:31 PM, teraßyte said:

You mean the setting "Last post limit"? Just to double-check, which number did you use in there? And that number did you change it to after?

Correct ^_^ 

Following limitations are currently in place: Daily Limit: 10; Last bump limit: 1440; Last Post limit: 10080

30 minutes ago, Knight22 said:

Correct ^_^ 

Following limitations are currently in place: Daily Limit: 10; Last bump limit: 1440; Last Post limit: 10080

Okay, that's the configuration with the 1 week wait. What number did you have before?

Also, does the user have any secondary groups? Secondary group settings apply as well.

3 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Okay, that's the configuration with the 1 week wait. What number did you have before?

Also, does the user have any secondary groups? Secondary group settings apply as well.

Same ^_^ I can only workaround if I switch Last Post limit to unlimited.

No user have any secondary groups ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 6:03 AM, Safety1st said:

As I see the plugin use is very limited. 'Bumped' topic is highlighted as unread in forum view only:

7B1T.jpg2g3V.jpg

But it is unseen in default 'Post Feed' & 'Topic Feed' widgets and activity streams. And they are the only important places to see updates :hmm:

I was not quite correct. I made another, more accurate research. Here it is.

'Bumped' topic is highlighted as unread both in forum view and activity stream. Also it visible in Topic Feed but not in Post Feed. The main problem is in activity stream topic could be noticed by frequent forum reader only (if there are a few unreaded topics in it). In other words only a few part of members will notice a bumped topic :(

Frequent forum reader view:

9646.jpgkD15.jpg

Less active forum member view:

br84.jpgE1UD.jpg

Bumped topic is too far away from the beginning (50th record in my case).

On 30/3/2016 at 6:01 PM, Safety1st said:

I was not quite correct. I made another, more accurate research. Here it is.

'Bumped' topic is highlighted as unread both in forum view and activity stream. Also it visible in Topic Feed but not in Post Feed. The main problem is in activity stream topic could be noticed by frequent forum reader only (if there are a few unreaded topics in it). In other words only a few part of members will notice a bumped topic :(

Frequent forum reader view:

9646.jpgkD15.jpg

Less active forum member view:

br84.jpgE1UD.jpg

Bumped topic is too far away from the beginning (50th record in my case).

Yes, the issue with the activity stream is that I am not bumping the time in the search index too. I will have that resolved in the next version.

I have just gotten back after being away for 11 days so I need some time to catch up with everything. I'll see if I can release the new version with this fix (and others) this weekend, or the next week maybe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Safety1st said:

It will be a month soon :D 

Yeah, sorry for the long delay. A few days after I made that post my internet connection went down and it took 2+ weeks to get it working again. I am still catching up with things and this one slipped through.

I have already made the change for the search index update, it turned out to be a bit more complicate to research than what I had thought. But in the end the change needed was actually really simple, just one line ^_^

I'm gonna re-test the plugin on 4.1.11 and I'll follow up with 2 peoples that reported 2 different bugs but never provided me the steps to properly reproduce them. If they don't reply within a couple of days I'll release the update with only this fix.

Edited by teraßyte
36 minutes ago, Knight22 said:

You mean this answer for my bug? ^_^

No, it was for other 2 bugs peoples reported to me privately with a PM.

Rather I forgot to add your issue to my todo list and I totally forgot about it (sorry!), I will look into that too while I wait a couple of days for the other 2 peoples to reply ;)

@Knight22: just a quick update that I figured out your issue. Basically the code is not properly displaying the days, it only shows hours, minutes and seconds. I need to update a bit how the code works when figuring that out.

One of the 2 persons also replied and it ended up not being a bug with this plugin. The other still has not replied but I won't wait anymore, as soon as I fix the days issue mentioned above I'll release the new version.

Edited by teraßyte

NEW 3.0.2 version is out:

• NEW: bumped topics now appear also in the Stream Activity (they appear as already read though!)
  • Fixed countdown timer not showing the days number when needed
  • Fixed the install/uninstall process not handling correctly some data

Here's a quick link for the lazy ones who don't want to go to the first post :p

Someone also reported that the Topic Feed and Post Feed widgets are not updating right away after a bump, however I have decide to not "fix" it. Those widgets are cached and not even posting a new topic or a reply removes the cache, it automatically refreshes after X minutes. I have decided that I will leave the bumped topics to update in the list with the automatic refresh too, there would be no point in caching them otherwise.

Edited by teraßyte
typo
  • 2 months later...