(TB) Bump Up Topics

Have you considered an ACP module where you could cron all kind of bumps ? 
It would be very very useful for an admin to control bumps through a cron. This way I could have a list of, for example, 10 or 20 topisc that I want to bump during the week.

I could even charge users for bumping their topics, specially in my community that some topics are just classifieds. 

PS: I love this mod, it's very useful for my community since post owners can bump their topics without adding pointless posts

Edited by gabs007
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 9:38 PM, RobertD said:

issue on 4.1.13 with template not existing

152db0c8a3d24863a634655b6a97ca6e.png

Try re-installing the plugin. Sounds like the template was not recached properly.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:25 PM, gabs007 said:

Have you considered an ACP module where you could cron all kind of bumps ? 
It would be very very useful for an admin to control bumps through a cron. This way I could have a list of, for example, 10 or 20 topisc that I want to bump during the week.

I could even charge users for bumping their topics, specially in my community that some topics are just classifieds. 

PS: I love this mod, it's very useful for my community since post owners can bump their topics without adding pointless posts

Nope, I never considered it. You are the first one to even mention this kind of feature. I'll add it to my list of possible features, but unless more people show interest in it I won't likely add it.

• 3 months later...

I just updated my IPS, but this seemed to be happening before.  I click the Unread content stream, read the first post, click the Next Unread Topic at the bottom.  A "Bumped" post shows up, I scroll to the bottom click the Next Unread Topic read that topin, then when I go to Next Unread Topic it's the same topic from the previous pagfe that was bumped.  This happens again and again.  It doesn't seem to register that I read it.  I am positive it has not been bumped again and again.

I just tried to uninstall and got this error:

IPS\Db\Exception: Can't DROP 'tb_but_use'; check that column/key exists (1091)
#0 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1762): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `co...')
#1 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/plugins/tbbumpuptopics/uninstall.php(18): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('core_groups', Array)
#2 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/system/Plugin/Plugin.php(471): require_once('/home/admin/dom...')
#3 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(1198): IPS\_Plugin->delete()
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Controller->delete()
#5 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(39): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#9 /home/admin/domains/squarewheelscycling.com/public_html/amadeus/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Can you please help me uninstall it?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi, when I try to uninstall the plugin I get this error:

EX1091 Something went wrong. Please try again.

Details:

#0 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1895): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `co...')
#1 /home/chronill/public_html/plugins/tbbumpuptopics/uninstall.php(18): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('core_groups', Array)
#2 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Plugin/Plugin.php(477): require_once('/home/chronill/...')
#3 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(1205): IPS\_Plugin->delete()
#4 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\Node\_Controller->delete()
#5 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/chronill/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(39): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#8 /home/chronill/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Do you think this is directly to do with the plugin or something else (maybe a core bug)?

14 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

Hi, when I try to uninstall the plugin I get this error:

Details:

#0 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1895): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `co...')
#1 /home/chronill/public_html/plugins/tbbumpuptopics/uninstall.php(18): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('core_groups', Array)
#2 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Plugin/Plugin.php(477): require_once('/home/chronill/...')
#3 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(1205): IPS\_Plugin->delete()
#4 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\Node\_Controller->delete()
#5 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/chronill/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(39): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#8 /home/chronill/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Do you think this is directly to do with the plugin or something else (maybe a core bug)?

I think I know what the issue is. I'm currently out, I'll check when I'm back home in a few hours.

Cron bumping of selected topics idea is truly very good and interesting.

Anyway even if that does not get added. I like to thank teraßyte for supporting and updating this mod throughout all this time. I use it since 3.1.x days and absolutely love it. Hope you will update this to 4.2 in the future :)

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Red Slammer said:

Is it possible to add an option where the bump timer only applies to the specific topic that was bumped and not all the topics created by that user?

It is possible, but that would require to save a LOT more data to keep track of the time for EACH single topic. I could maybe work around it by rewriting how the hook works to use less data, but unless it is a widely requested feature I won't consider it (at least for now).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On IPB 4.2.2 when i try edit groups get error:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Node/Model.php(1048): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(316)
#1 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Node/Model.php(1065): IPS\Node\_Model->parent()
#2 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Content/ClubContainer.php(276): IPS\Node\_Model->parents()
#3 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Helpers/Form/Node.php(224): IPS\forums\_Forum->parents()
#4 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(264): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Node->html()
#5 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(415): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->rowHtml(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#6 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(324): IPS\Helpers\_Form->__toString()
#7 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->block('303c9915d563ce0...', Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#8 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(218): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('block', Array)
#9 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#10 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#12 /var/www/tibiaking/forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...