Still no 4.1 converters available

Ugur Kaya

9 minutes ago, Ugur Kaya said:

It's not without any issues.There are some issues like all avatars gone look at here https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/421804-i-would-like-to-switch-but-i-cant/

I had the same problem, converted to 3.4 and everything worked, then upgraded to 4 and then lost all my avatars.

I'm waiting for the version 4 converters.

On 11/2/2015, 12:05:49, BigStamp said:

I had the same problem, converted to 3.4 and everything worked, then upgraded to 4 and then lost all my avatars.

In your folder did you still have the pictures? In the database did users still have picutres in their profile? After upgrade did you rebuild/support tool?

On 11/2/2015, 10:05:49, BigStamp said:

That was a bug with 4, not the conversion. Which has been fixed as well.

1. Id' assume (unless its changed) you could in theory just convert members etc and VBBlog to IP.Blog ignoring Forums.

2. You'd want a separate database for the VB source to be read from (converter only ever reads never writes to source) so with Cloud you'd only have one db (your IPS community) however the best answer to (2) is to open a ticket to ask about this, something might be possible to be arranged for you to do this if needed, I'm not sure.

23 minutes ago, Charles said:

A beta version of the IPS4 direct converters is now available:

@Charles , is there a 'current' list of what third party software the IPS4 Converters will support ? I guess I'm just asking if more 'sources' are being added compared to say the 3x series Converter. :)

6 hours ago, Sebbo78 said:

1) I would like to convert only my old vbulletin blogs. Would it be possible to choose what to convert? 

2) I´m using right now your cloud service. Will that prevent using those converters? Can i try it at some point by myself?

Yes you can convert on our hosting, in fact here is a guide for this process https://www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/_/install-and-getting-started/how-to-convert-from-other-software-on-ips-hosting-r302

When you run a conversion you must run the complete conversion, you can then clean up or remove any items you don't want to retain. 

1 minute ago, David Brown_194776 said:

@Ryan Ashbrook thanks for the first beta. however I've not managed to migrate from vb5 with the beta converters yet, how would you like issues raising for this?

"The IPS4 Converters are currently in Beta Status, and are not currently supported at this time. Please report all bugs to the bug tracker."

Archived