Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

Ryan H,

When I upgraded the IPBoard 3.4.x to latest version, IPS staff told me that because of tags addon "Convert all tags to lower case" become Enabled during upgrade and it messes up all my tags. 

On 3.4.x my selection for Force tags to lowercase is disabledAny idea on how to resolve the issue? Thank you.

An

Edited by AlexJ
On 10/27/2017 at 4:12 AM, Telemacus2 said:

Ok, no worries, fixed. What happened is when I edited those prefixes manually from Capital to lower in the "manage prefixes" section of the acp, each forum's list of allowed prefixes doesnt' update the change, so when I changed a prefix from "Exclusive" to "exclusive", that "exclusive" prefixe would no longer be available in that forum until I reedited that forum's list of allowed prefixes. 

Yeah, that'll happen. I think someone else mentioned that recently; something I'll see if I can handle in the code.

17 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Ryan H,

When I upgraded the IPBoard 3.4.x to latest version, IPS staff told me that because of tags addon "Convert all tags to lower case" become Enabled during upgrade and it messes up all my tags. 

On 3.4.x my selection for Force tags to lowercase is disabledAny idea on how to resolve the issue? Thank you.

I'm not aware of any way my app could have caused that. If they have something to support that claim, please have them explain/contact me.

If the data was changed, there's no way to just undo it. You'll need to change the setting back and then correct any data manually.

On 10/28/2017 at 7:58 PM, Ryan H. said:

Yeah, that'll happen. I think someone else mentioned that recently; something I'll see if I can handle in the code.

I'm not aware of any way my app could have caused that. If they have something to support that claim, please have them explain/contact me.

If the data was changed, there's no way to just undo it. You'll need to change the setting back and then correct any data manually.

I just tested that on my test board. I can dump the DB and start again from scratch if you can give me some pointers. IPS staff tells me issue with your addon and you put me back to IPS loop. I have no idea what to do here mate. Just looking for the fix so upgrade goes smooth.

10.30.2017-20.59.37

@Ryan H.

We have an interesting situation here that I need some advice on.

We disabled the traditional tags/prefixes from IPS, leaving AT&P active and with preset prefixes in certain forums. For example, in the "programming languages" forum the prefixes available are "C", "Python", "PHP", and so on. Live example:

http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/forums/forum/16-programação-web/

This works really well.

The problem is when someone posts a topic that is off-topic for that forum: the user chooses a random prefix just so he can post in that forum, and then we have move the topic to the correct place, but the prefix stays with the topic and no option for us to delete the prefix is available.

For example: http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/forums/topic/1260422-configurações-do-roteador-para-o-wifi-se-conectar-automaticamente/

We need to find a way to remove the prefix in cases like this. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Gabriel.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:02 PM, AlexJ said:

I just tested that on my test board. I can dump the DB and start again from scratch if you can give me some pointers. IPS staff tells me issue with your addon and you put me back to IPS loop. I have no idea what to do here mate. Just looking for the fix so upgrade goes smooth.

10.30.2017-20.59.37

I don't know of any way that issue (setting change) could be caused by my plugin. I don't know why they would push it on me except by association to the tag system. Have you tried upgrading without AT&P (either removing it before or not installing it after)? Does that have any impact on the setting changing?

On 10/31/2017 at 12:08 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

We need to find a way to remove the prefix in cases like this. Any suggestion?

Set up a mod mass action (or whatever they're called these days). You can create one to remove prefix, and apply that to any topic from any forum.

Hi, @Ryan H.!

I've got an error when trying to rechache tags in the ACP:

SELECT `tag_aai_lookup`, `tag_meta_app`, `tag_meta_area`, `tag_meta_id`, `tag_id` FROM `core_tags` GROUP BY `tag_meta_id` ORDER BY `tag_id` ASC LIMIT 0,100
IPS\Db\Exception: Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'site.core_tags.tag_aai_lookup' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by (1055)
#0 /var/www/site.com/system/Db/Select.php(378): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\advancedt...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/site.com/system/Db/Select.php(440): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/site.com/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(277): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/site.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->rebuild()
#4 /var/www/site.com/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/site.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->execute()
#6 /var/www/site.com/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Now all tags disappeared. Please, help!

Edited by motomac
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 2:32 AM, motomac said:

Hi, @Ryan H.!

I've got an error when trying to rechache tags in the ACP:

Now all tags disappeared. Please, help!

I don't have the SQL settings in place to test it, but you can try this:

Open applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php

Find: (line 275)

$keys        = \IPS\DB::i()->select( array( 'tag_aai_lookup', 'tag_meta_app', 'tag_meta_area', 'tag_meta_id', 'tag_id' ), 'core_tags', NULL, '`tag_id` ASC', array( $start, $perCycle ), 'tag_meta_id' );

Change to:

$keys        = \IPS\DB::i()->select( array( 'tag_aai_lookup', 'tag_meta_app', 'tag_meta_area', 'tag_meta_id', 'tag_id' ), 'core_tags', NULL, '`tag_id` ASC', array( $start, $perCycle ) );

Save, retry.

It will be slower (running based on tag instead of topic), but I think that will be the only side effect.

Update: The progress was stopped with error:

DELETE FROM `core_search_index_tags` WHERE index_id=51701 AND index_tag=1213
IPS\Db\Exception: Truncated incorrect DOUBLE value: 'Продам' (1292)
#0 /var/www/site.com/system/Db/Db.php(1074): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\advancedt...', Array)
#1 /var/www/site.com/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(401): IPS\_Db->delete('core_search_ind...', Array)
#2 /var/www/site.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->rebuild()
#3 /var/www/site.com/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/site.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->execute()
#5 /var/www/site.com/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

5a0a94108d221_2017-11-1414_57_52.png.cb6e0a70438f8e59993f9a40795aa309.png

Edited by motomac
20 hours ago, motomac said:

Hi, @Ryan H.!

I made this change and started the process. It's running now, but I see strange numbers:

Current is bigger than total.

Is it OK?

Hmm. That would be a side-effect of the change. Yes, that's okay.

20 hours ago, motomac said:

Update: The progress was stopped with error:

hmm ... not sure the exact cause here, but try this:

applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php Line 401

array( 'index_tag=?', $k ),

to

array( 'index_tag=?', (string)$k ),

Hi @Ryan H.!! 

I would like to explain you the current problem that I have with the Plugin:

step1.thumb.png.8fdcf40ba6d3c2907be719bf76733403.png

With this process I mass-add a prefix into "Notizie audio e video" topic. The result:

step2.thumb.png.83cf15aa6c5fee31db0d20b40aed9ff7.png

For the 1st page everything works fine but when I go to the last pages or fewer:

step3.thumb.png.ae54397b5ccf170cba5482e14ffde4a1.png

It should represent all the Prefixes like in the 1st page but from the 3rd it changes the prefix.

Stuffs:

IPB: 4.2.6

Advanced Tag and Prefixes:  3.1.9

Database: MariaDB

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2017 at 10:22 AM, sofos said:

Hi @Ryan H.!! 

I would like to explain you the current problem that I have with the Plugin:

Stuffs:

IPB: 4.2.6

Advanced Tag and Prefixes:  3.1.9

Database: MariaDB

Here's a patch for that. Only affects spaces or other special chars in prefix name on the mass-add tool.

Open: applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php

Find: (line 733-736

if( $key == 'atp_addTags' or $key == 'atp_searchForums' )
                {
                    $values[ $key ] = array_filter( explode( ',', urldecode( $values[ $key ] ) ) );
                }

Add after:

elseif( $key == 'atp_addPrefix' )
                {
                    $values[ $key ] = urldecode( $values[ $key ] );
                }

Save. Re-run tool, chosen prefix should overwrite all the bad ones you've got now.

On 3/12/2017 at 4:46 AM, Ryan H. said:

Here's a patch for that. Only affects spaces or other special chars in prefix name on the mass-add tool.

Open: applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php

Find: (line 733-736

if( $key == 'atp_addTags' or $key == 'atp_searchForums' )
                {
                    $values[ $key ] = array_filter( explode( ',', urldecode( $values[ $key ] ) ) );
                }

Add after:

elseif( $key == 'atp_addPrefix' )
                {
                    $values[ $key ] = urldecode( $values[ $key ] );
                }

Save. Re-run tool, chosen prefix should overwrite all the bad ones you've got now.

@Ryan H.  I've tried with this solution but doesn't work anyway. After the 1st cycle each Tags become longer.

Edited by sofos

Can I use this app for tags reordering? By default I can't in the configuration of tags.

In IPB4 when you add a tag it's just added at the end. I have around 40 tags. If I delete the 5th and want to add another at that position I can't. It's added at the end no matter what. If I remember correctly in IPB3 it was a big text field and you could add it wherever you wanted.

Any solution to this?

Hi there,

I have a strange issue with the plugin. All works well, except the Prefix doesn't show up when creating a new topic.
Even though I have specified that a prefix is required. All prefixes are visible for all users.

I can't seem to get it to work. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I forgot to add allowed prefixes on the forum at hand....my apologies.

Chris

Edited by ChrisVanMeer
On 12/7/2017 at 5:39 AM, RObiN-HoOD said:

Can I use this app for tags reordering? By default I can't in the configuration of tags.

In IPB4 when you add a tag it's just added at the end. I have around 40 tags. If I delete the 5th and want to add another at that position I can't. It's added at the end no matter what. If I remember correctly in IPB3 it was a big text field and you could add it wherever you wanted.

Any solution to this?

No, that's not something the app will help with.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:54 AM, ChrisVanMeer said:

Hmm, I seem to have found the cause...the user at hand that is creating topics is doing this through TapaTalk.
I guess there is no way to force them there to honor prefixes huh?

I don't know how the app works; not something I can speak to.

Hello @Ryan H.,

I tried to create a prefix for some forums using the mass tool and it created several tags like these there. I already deleted these tags, I deleted the prefix, but they still appear in the listing. What do I do to solve this? Will I have to remove them all manually?

I try delete manually but i cant, the tag returns. I try  "Rebuild Tag Cache" and donr works too. 

erro03.thumb.png.60bf1cff3e75d6f060520d575c9df863.png

erro.thumb.png.01670fcbdb7335a4af69a6153afea868.png

erro02.thumb.png.79da73bfe8a0bda2b55ee0e85ca949c1.png

Edited by Silnei L Andrade