Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

1 hour ago, Towal Moore said:

Hello! I'm trying to upgrade the version on my 4.3.2 site, and I'm getting an error about applications/advancedtagsprefixes not being writeable. That folder is 755, and as far as I can tell, all the folders underneath that are as well. What should the permissions be to successfully perform an upgrade?

Can't say, could differ by server environment, that's probably a better question for IPS support.

Good Day,

I just installed this application and I think, once I get the hang of it, that it'll be great for our storytelling forum. We're using it as labels not really tags, but it still works.

However, I am having an issue that I've not been able to get sorted out. Per the instructions, I have created the prefixes and added them to the forum (repeatedly). When I go to set up a topic and choose one, only three of them are offered in the dropdown.  I have looked through every setting I can find in the application, the forum settings, and system settings. I suspect a conflict somewhere, but I have no idea where and could not find anyone else having the same issue by searching the IPS forums and this topic. I confess, I did not try to read all 43 pages of posts so my apologies if this has been addressed already.

Screenshot of my Prefix Listing

556340730_ScreenShot2018-05-30at5_39_37PM.thumb.png.3a81b086193988b76c08400f9faf1d7f.png

Screenshot of forum - I took this after I had added the prefixes back into Allowed Prefixes, went to post and they were unavailable...went back to the forum and these are the only ones there....

422737912_ScreenShot2018-05-30at5_44_00PM.thumb.png.25fd5f595ce23a74dd931040d8b54679.png

I appreciate any and all assistance with this issue.

Thank you,

Stormwolfe

1 hour ago, Stormwolfe said:

However, I am having an issue that I've not been able to get sorted out. Per the instructions, I have created the prefixes and added them to the forum (repeatedly). When I go to set up a topic and choose one, only three of them are offered in the dropdown.  I have looked through every setting I can find in the application, the forum settings, and system settings. I suspect a conflict somewhere, but I have no idea where and could not find anyone else having the same issue by searching the IPS forums and this topic. I confess, I did not try to read all 43 pages of posts so my apologies if this has been addressed already.

To be clear, you added all of your prefixes in the forum's "Allowed Prefixes" setting, saved, but the save didn't stick?

Yes, I have tried repeatedly! I honestly think I have something setup wrong, but I cannot find it or the issue. I followed the directions in the documentation and I've run the support tool on the site in case it was a caching issue.

I will set up the admin account for you. The details will be sent shortly.

12 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

Yes, I have tried repeatedly! I honestly think I have something setup wrong, but I cannot find it or the issue. I followed the directions in the documentation and I've run the support tool on the site in case it was a caching issue.

I will set up the admin account for you. The details will be sent shortly.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

A friend linked me to this plugin and when I try to install it I'm given this error besides the following error it'll say it's already installed

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

1S111/1 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

On 6/7/2018 at 1:25 AM, Daraesthetic said:

A friend linked me to this plugin and when I try to install it I'm given this error besides the following error it'll say it's already installed

I don't know what to say to that, sorry. Installer issues like that are really outside of my purview.

On 11/15/2017 at 9:06 AM, Ryan H. said:

Hmm. That would be a side-effect of the change. Yes, that's okay.

hmm ... not sure the exact cause here, but try this:

applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php Line 401

array( 'index_tag=?', $k ),

to

array( 'index_tag=?', (string)$k ),

Was this problem fixed in the latest release (3.1.10)? I still see:

676852619_2018-06-1911_44_06.png.c35cd84d54ee38e402e4eef0a6245343.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 11:46 PM, motomac said:

Was this problem fixed in the latest release (3.1.10)? I still see:

676852619_2018-06-1911_44_06.png.c35cd84d54ee38e402e4eef0a6245343.png

The numbers being off, no, I have not addressed that. It'll just run until it runs out of tags/prefixes to process, the 'total' number is informational only.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 1:46 AM, mavis hsu said:
Hi Support Team,

This is Mavis from http://pdfelement.io/ 

After we purchased and installed your plugins onto our forum http://pdfelement.io/forums , the threads are no visible, we want to know why? 

The plugins we used below:
  • 1 x Advanced Tags & Prefixes 
  • 1 x Trophies and Medals
Look forward to your reply soon.

I'm not aware of any such bug nor any way this app could cause topics to disappear. Could you clarify what goes wrong, maybe add screenshots? If you disable this app, does the problem go away?

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2018 at 4:22 AM, mardiv said:

Hi, I am using Pages and Allowed Prefixes or Default Prefix not working.

It looks like it's not hooking onto the form at all for some reason. Not sure why that would be. If it was hooking correctly, you'd have a separate dropdown input rather than the gray prefix option.

That being said, I don't own Pages and my ability to support it is limited at best. Per the listing:

* These added settings should work for all tag-enabled content types. The focus of this application is Forums and topics, but it also supports Calendar events and any other tag-enabled content. That being said, I cannot guarantee compatibility with or support all possible applications and circumstances.

• 1 month later...

FYI to existing customers, I've updated the file listing with the following message:

Author note 2018-10: Support and maintenance will be limited going forward. This app works fine as of IPS 4.3 and may continue to work with new releases in the future, but when it stops working that's probably it. Thanks for your support over the years!

I haven't invested much into the apps in quite some time (as I'm sure some of you realize). My forum has closed and other circumstances are changing, so I don't have much incentive to continue developing them going forward. I intend to leave the apps on the Marketplace as long as IPS lets them. I'll continue answering support questions as I'm able, but maintenance and changes will likely be minimal to nonexistent. Thanks for buying, and I wish you all the best going forward.

(If anyone intends to yell, I'll point you to the license terms I've used since release: "I make no guarantee as to the future functionality or compatibility of this software package." It works today on 4.3, be happy.)

1 hour ago, Ryan H. said:

FYI to existing customers, I've updated the file listing with the following message:

Author note 2018-10: Support and maintenance will be limited going forward. This app works fine as of IPS 4.3 and may continue to work with new releases in the future, but when it stops working that's probably it. Thanks for your support over the years!

I haven't invested much into the apps in quite some time (as I'm sure some of you realize). My forum has closed and other circumstances are changing, so I don't have much incentive to continue developing them going forward. I intend to leave the apps on the Marketplace as long as IPS lets them. I'll continue answering support questions as I'm able, but maintenance and changes will likely be minimal to nonexistent. Thanks for buying, and I wish you all the best going forward.

(If anyone intends to yell, I'll point you to the license terms I've used since release: "I make no guarantee as to the future functionality or compatibility of this software package." It works today on 4.3, be happy.)

I noticed that it is not uncommon to transfer apps to another developer, when the main one is leaving. Could this be an option for you?

I can say I do have mixed feelings. It is still one of the core apps on my site and I don't know what I am going to do without it, but on another side the decreased level of support, lack of new features, etc, was quite visible. So I am hoping some of the reliable devs here can recognize the potential as it is one of the most popular higher priced apps and either take this over or build a comparable replacement from scratch. 

But regardless what will happen, thank you for the app. While I am sad to see it going down, at the same time it lasted much longer then the average 3rd party resource here. 

Edited by jair101
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Ryan H. could you add an option to select prefix from thread view? currently the prefix selection won't show up. also it conflicts with the prefix system in thread view. when you click on item prefix it enables other prefixes to be selected? any way to disable the prefix default system?

I added this css to no longer display the default prefix as a quick fix.

div#topic_tags_prefixWrap {
    display: none!important;
}

Edited by Serayah
44 minutes ago, Serayah said:

@Ryan H. could you add an option to select prefix from thread view? currently the prefix selection won't show up. also it conflicts with the prefix system in thread view. when you click on item prefix it enables other prefixes to be selected? any way to disable the prefix default system?

I added this css to no longer display the default prefix as a quick fix.

div#topic_tags_prefixWrap {
    display: none!important;
}

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/416840-advanced-tags-prefixes-ips-4x/?do=findComment&comment=2761509