Pages: Allow different widgets for article view and articles.html

Kirill N

@Matt asked me to post this to Feedback in ticket 911872.

What I want to do is to display different sidebars in articles.html and in article view page. The reason for this is that I want to have the "Latest Articles" widget in article view (to drive more traffic to other articles if a user, for example, landed on article view from a social media link), however, it doesn't make sense to display that widget on articles.html since it already lists all the recent articles. This is currently not possible because those two are technically the same "Page".

Will it allow you put different blocks by category or by different database? 

​Per database, since every database is on it’s own page. 

By the way: the complaint in this topic is about the new page builder option with drag-and-drop widgets. If you manually create your templates as in 3.4 in code, you can style the different views however you like them. 

​Per database, since every database is on it’s own page. 

By the way: the complaint in this topic is about the new page builder option with drag-and-drop widgets. If you manually create your templates as in 3.4 in code, you can style the different views however you like them. 

​ Well that settles that.  Time to start that over...

It bewilders me why the category view for a db is so different.  Which was the reason I was going to make a db for each category anyway.

If I have a DB of sports, with categories say Football, Basketball ect... when you click on one of those I would expect the view to look the same, but it comes up looking like a forum.

Bizarre....

If I have a DB of sports, with categories say Football, Basketball ect... when you click on one of those I would expect the view to look the same, but it comes up looking like a forum.

​You might wanna start a feedback topic about this. I guess there is a pretty good chance Matt can be persuaded to offer an option for a different category view in the future. 

But restyling that forum view is also not too hard. This page is also that boring “forum view” – just with a few template tweaks. 

​You might wanna start a feedback topic about this. I guess there is a pretty good chance Matt can be persuaded to offer an option for a different category view in the future.

But restyling that forum view is also not too hard. This page is also that boring “forum view” – just with a few template tweaks.

​Ralf - love what you have done with your typography.guru website ... very inspiring!

​I think I need to get a better grasp of how it all works first.

It's not clear to me why a database is anything other than a content type. Why does it even have it's own page layout?   Why doesn't it just exist as a widget you drop into the layout of a page.

Archived