IPS Rules Application

Sry for late reply, i just logged on

ok, i will play around this and see what happens

I will try it your first

then if that dosnt work, i will try to make it the way you said, but one for each thing i want a point to be awarded to

Will get back to you and tell you the results

again thank you

Maybe someone can help me:

1. I want to award (point credit) my members with points for a daily login.

How can I define a daily login event?

Members should only be awarded once a day, even if they log in and out and in multiple times.

Probably this rule must be created with a custom action (daily login counter = 1) but I don't know how.

2. I want to award (point credit) my members for receiving (+5) and also for giving reputation (+1).

But my rule doesn't seem to work.

EVENT: Member receives reputation points

CONDITIONS: none

ACTIONS: Credit, Member that received the reputation, 5
Credit, Member that gave the reputation, 1

I also send notifications for both members, packed in 2 notification actions

Do I require a custom action for this rule?

3. By the way, has anybody found a solution, how to reward special reactions? Is it possible with any PHP code? I think this is VERY IMPORTANT!

F.e. I want to create rules like "If a post gets 10 x 'sad' reaction, then debit the member -10 points'

Please help me with these rules. Thanks very much!

Edited by Cyboman
5 hours ago, Cyboman said:

1. I want to award (point credit) my members with points for a daily login.

How can I define a daily login event?

Members should only be awarded once a day, even if they log in and out and in multiple times.

Probably this rule must be created with a custom action (daily login counter = 1) but I don't know how.

That should be something in the line of:

Create custom data field attached to member. Call it "Logged in today" and make it a yes/no value with default value to No. The rule then should look like this:

Event: Member logged in to the system
Condition: Check if value of "Logged in today" is NO
Action 1: Credit a point
Action 2: Set the value of "Logged in today" to YES

You will need another rule that resets all YES back to NO at 23:59. Create custom action attached to members that runs on 23:59 each day, set this to a new event, check if the value is yes, then switch it to NO. 

An issue that you may encounter: I am not sure how logged in event is triggered when the user has clicked the "remember me" checkbox, whether it counts as a new login or as long as the password is remembered no user login is counted. You will have to investigate this. 

5 hours ago, Cyboman said:

2. I want to award (point credit) my members for receiving (+5) and also for giving reputation (+1).

But my rule doesn't seem to work.

EVENT: Member receives reputation points

CONDITIONS: none

ACTIONS: Credit, Member that received the reputation, 5
Credit, Member that gave the reputation, 1

I also send notifications for both members, packed in 2 notification actions

Do I require a custom action for this rule?

3. By the way, has anybody found a solution, how to reward special reactions? Is it possible with any PHP code? I think this is VERY IMPORTANT!

F.e. I want to create rules like "If a post gets 10 x 'sad' reaction, then debit the member -10 points'

The reactions system that replaced the like system in 4.2 is written in a different way and it is impossible for Rules to work with it at this point. Issue has been raised with IPS, they said they are thinking about it. I guess thats the reason both 2 and 3 are not working at the moment. 

Edited by jair101

Here are my impassioned pleas to IPS concerning the interface deployment for additional features like virtual "point currencies" and "reactions" to be used with automations rules and points economy.

It would be great if you would support these topics, that IPS can see our urgent needs for these possibilities.

I hope to gather a fanbase for these ideas, so automation rules and points economy can become much more mighty.

For now, I see that if no reactions can be used, all my gamification ideas come to the end. It's an essential requirement. Same for the showup of points currencies in IP.Commerce, IP.Downloads and other third party applications.

Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, thought maybe one of you could shed some light on the engagement rule.

So the rule detects if the user logins, and then sets up a Schedule yes? What if, the user never logs out, and they are also logged into the site? How will the rule know if they "logged in" to reschedule?

If they never logout, and use the same pc on the site for the next two months, they will still get the engagement email as the rule never detected a new login, is there a way to detect if the user is has been online on the site? other then having the user manually logout and then log back in?

I still haven't found a complete solution to an automated points application that can be designed with complex rules sets.

What I want to realize is this:

Maybe there is someone out there who can help designing it (^^) with automation rules plus points economy if it would get some more features?

Such an automation rules templates system would be really powerful and could be even sold in the IPS marketplace...

Hey there, I'm trying this out and having a small issue that I'd like to see is the norm or not before I dive into the full version.

I've tried both the 'Notification' rule and the 'Start a PM' rule.

-With the notification, it only displays the title of the notification, not the Contents.
-With the Start a PM, the receipient does not get a notification of a new PM, it basically comes in as read already. However the sender gets a notification about it.

Are these normal?

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like you are asking if rules has a condition that will search all existing user notifications for a particular string, but it does not. Of course, that could be checked using a custom piece of php code that loaded the users notifications and iterated on them while searching for a string in their content, however, that is not an out of the box stock action.

@Kevin Carwile 

I have rules app and the paths app

Im trying to get dummy directions on how i can make change the forum member url from.......

I'm Trying to do this as a Global thing for already members and new ones to join

Example:

https://fungamingnetwork.com/profile/2-mronecall/

To

https://fungamingnetwork.com/mronecall

this will also make the referral link change to a shorter version, or use the same link as the referral link

Can this be made possible and if so, if you have a sec, can you break it down to me on how it's done, here or in PM?

thanks in advance

Edited by Mr. Fierce God
11 hours ago, Wildcard Chris said:

Hey @Kevin Carwile is there a way in Rules to check if a user has a notification, if so does the notification content contain a certain string?

Many thanks in advance! 

If you don't mind, maybe you can give more details about your idea. While it is difficult to check the notification, maybe it is possible to work with the event that creates this notification...

1 hour ago, FGN said:

@Kevin Carwile or anyone?

Without having precise experience with your issue, I suggest the following steps:

1. Create a custom action with Members as argument. This will be scheduled manually and used as an event trigger to create the url's for all existing members. 

2. Create a rule with the event, the custom action you just created. In action field add Create url alias and in the settings add: 

image.thumb.png.7b334893f0f76b2c66fa65c782afb576.png

Map to URL I believe should be unchanged, for URL path you need to use the token for the membername listed on top. You need to schedule the rule, run it and thats it. 

I guess some of the things I wrote might sound foreign to you, Rules app have a bit of a steep initial learning curve. But you can learn it by doing :) Just give it a try and if you are stuck somewhere, let me know. 

To have the urls created for new members, you need to use slightly different rule (with event "Account is validated"), but we can leave this one out for now. 

5 hours ago, FGN said:

ok @jair101 

Si i figured out where to find those settings you were talking about

Just have one problem.......i don't get that option Event/Global Data....it only gives me the manual configuration and PHP Code

59d10039a883c_download(55).thumb.png.96b5f531fd89e38d55121cc183765aa3.png

I think you are missing the event. Did you create custom action with member argument? Start from there :)

By they way, maybe its better if we create the other rule first - the one for the new registrations. It will be easier to test without creating thousands of path aliases. So pretty much follow the steps I described before, but instead of custom action use for event "Account is validated", then for action do the thing with the path aliases, then try to register and check if it works :)