IPS Rules Application

Another question.

Would like to bulk-process all topic comments to calculate some data fields to back-date some awards.

I need it to:

• Evaluate all posts made on the forums
  • IF post is in X, Y, Z forum
  • Increment CustomDataField count +1

Sounds simple in theory, except there's no Topic\Comment object available to bulk process. Content\Comment doesn't seem to allow bulk processing in manual scheduling. I can bulk process Topic\Item, but how do I drill down into each Topic\Comment contained within to count them?

Tearing my hair out with this one haha.

9 hours ago, Mousie said:

Sounds simple in theory, except there's no Topic\Comment object available to bulk process. Content\Comment doesn't seem to allow bulk processing in manual scheduling. I can bulk process Topic\Item, but how do I drill down into each Topic\Comment contained within to count them?

Tearing my hair out with this one haha.

You will need to bulk process the topic items, and in your custom action rule, you will likely need to use some custom php code in order to do whatever calculations you need based on the topic being processed.

Awesome. How would I instruct it to look through every comment and identify the authors per comment?

What I want to do is for posts in particular forums to be worth a particular point value, which is easy to do going forward using Topic Comment Posted/Check for Forums/Increment custom data field. It's getting the posts up until now to count that I'm going to have trouble with.

Say if Forum A allocates 2 points per post, and Forum B allocates 1, a topic in Forum A where Member X posts 5 times would allocate 10 points to the custom data field.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 2:31 AM, Mousie said:

Hey there

Trying to update to 1.4.6 Full, to fix the status updates issue. But file is not available for purchase in marketplace? Is there somewhere else I should be getting it, @Kevin Carwile?

Waiting to purchase it as well.  We've been using the Lite version and we've hit our max rule limit, so we'd like to upgrade to the full version, but it hasn't been available for a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...