IPS Rules Application

5 minutes ago, FGN said:

ok, one dummy question

Maybe its been so long since i used Rules, but can you explain to me where i see to make the "argument"?

I thought there was a tab that said that? @jair101

Thats when you create custom actions, its here: 

image.thumb.png.c677c5abbf7df59af2c09541730e42ef.png

You can read more about it here:https://ipsguru.net/documentation/rules/general/customactions

But as I mentioned, leave that part for now. Try to setup the rule with event account is validated, then register a user on your board and see if it works. 

Yeah, you need to replace the token with the one provided by the rule :) Glad you figured it out. Now to create the rule that will make aliases for all existing members go to custom action, create one custom action and add Member as argument. 

Create a new rule and for event use the created custom action. For the action when it asks for "Map to url" you should have the member argument from the created custom action. For path, again add the token provided by the rules app. Report back here when done so we can do the scheduling after that :)

@FGN

I got this to work. The key is you need to schedule the action manually. The rule won't execute until the event is triggered so you have to execute your action manually as @jair101 mentioned. Also, don't forget to use the proper token in Rule -> Action. Once you set up the rule , then you'll go to the Custom Action and execute it manually. Works like a charm. I wanted to do this to remove the member ID number from the url. Makes it look better in my opinion.

schedule.thumb.jpg.a7c698596c133bf91da9e308c0fefce8.jpg

token.thumb.jpg.351041ef14e7a16a64799e8de3ae0f39.jpg

urlalias.thumb.jpg.c4c7e1da31f67d5aaa99d48ce403103c.jpg

Edited by joshuaj
On 10/1/2017 at 1:45 AM, jair101 said:

If you don't mind, maybe you can give more details about your idea. While it is difficult to check the notification, maybe it is possible to work with the event that creates this notification...

Hey,

It's actually PM's that I need to check, so say for example the logged in user gets a PM that contains a certain word I am going to have their browser execute a java script. I just need to know how to either check the PM the user gets or the Notification (as I have setup a custom notification also).

Thanks!

Edited by Wildcard Chris
15 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

No, a modal isn't even part of the IPS UI. Besides, that is not a data operation, it is a UI operation, and rules operates on the data layer. You can't manipulate the UI with rules.

I didn't necessarily mean it needed to be an action, should have made that clear, any method to achieve it would be fine. Anyway, think I worked out how I'm going to do it, custom data field, a little js in the template... works just fine.

Edited by Cyrem
  • 1 month later...

Hoping somebody maybe able to help with the php code for this, as we have no-one who does php here. 

In short, I'd like to create a custom data field which counts the number of reports a post has received. I have the rules set up to do other things when a post is reported, but so far have been unable to make the counter which we can use to trigger other actions.

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Dll said:

Hoping somebody maybe able to help with the php code for this, as we have no-one who does php here. 

In short, I'd like to create a custom data field which counts the number of reports a post has received. I have the rules set up to do other things when a post is reported, but so far have been unable to make the counter which we can use to trigger other actions.

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks

What is the point you are stuck on? If you are doing other things when a post is reported, add another action in the same spot to increase your custom data field value by 1. No PHP needed.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carwile said:

What is the point you are stuck on? If you are doing other things when a post is reported, add another action in the same spot to increase your custom data field value by 1. No PHP needed.

It seems to need php to do anything with a topic based custom data field, unless I'm doing something wrong there?