IPS Rules Application

Just now, Jesse Rapczak said:

another issue I'm having is I just purchased the iAwards plugin and I'm using your example XML to add an award based on if a user got 100 rep points.. It works fine if they do that, but the people that already have WAY past 100 rep point it doesn't give them the award... ?

It needs to recount, as I understand it. It does not issue awards for existing members with reputation points until they next log in and perform an action (the action being logging in).

Ideally, I want to be able to automate awards to all members, which sends an inline notification and email to the member. Prompting those that haven't visited for a while to pop back and say hello.

1 minute ago, craigf136 said:

It needs to recount, as I understand it. It does not issue awards for existing members with reputation points until they next log in and perform an action (the action being logging in).

Ideally, I want to be able to automate awards to all members, which sends an inline notification and email to the member. Prompting those that haven't visited for a while to pop back and say hello.

So you're saying if a member that has more than 100 rep points, logs in or posts will get the award?

8 hours ago, Jesse Rapczak said:

Hey, so I have a rule setup so that members get a notification once their topic has been moved, which works great. However I want it to that they DON'T get a notification if it's in a certain forum.

I have this setup, but it's not working... I've tried putting * as a wildcard into the item name, as I want all topics, but It's not working.

* is not a wildcard. That means the field is required. You need to change from manual configuration of the topic and choose the topic from the event arguments.

13 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

* is not a wildcard. That means the field is required. You need to change from manual configuration of the topic and choose the topic from the event arguments.

I know that, but my point is I don't want to choose a topic as I want all topics in a certain forum. 

Edited by Jesse Rapczak

The rule is run for whenever a topic is moved... so that would mean all topics. And you are trying to set a condition that it is not in a certain forum. Ok.

You added the condition to check if the topic is not in a certain forum. So far so good.

Then you confused yourself by thinking you need to check all topics in that condition... but really you should be just checking the topic which was moved.

That is why you select the topic from the event arguments list. Because that is the topic you want to check.

You dont want to check if ALL topics on your site are in a certain forum. Just the one which was moved.

You know what... I see what you did. You chose the event for ANY content item is moved instead of a topic is moved. So basically your content item in the event could be anything from a topic to a blog or a calendar event, etc. So rules wont let you select it as a topic to check because it may not even actually be a topic.

Change your event to be more specific, such as "topic is moved", and then rules will let you use it in your forums condition.

That seemed to work, however it is still creating a notification if the topic IS in that Forum that I selected. Here is what I have now. The whole point to this rule is I don't want any notifications being sent to users if their topics that ARE in Tester Applications forum have been moved.

https://gyazo.com/09a4571df0ceb4b9c8e5a025a84b5173

So basically ALL others that are moved in other forums should be getting notifications, except for those in 'Tester Applications'.

Edited by Jesse Rapczak

So if you are trying to check the forum that the topic was moved OUT OF instead of IN TO, then its forum check is not going to work because that will be checking the forum that it is currently in, which would be the forum it was moved to.

The old forum that it was in is available as an event argument, but I'm realizing now that a valuable condition is missing from rules core. There is currently no way to check if "a forum is a specific forum" outside of using php code to do the test.

So if you are trying to check the forum that the topic was moved OUT OF instead of IN TO, then its forum check is not going to work because that will be checking the forum that it is currently in, which would be the forum it was moved to.

The old forum that it was in is available as an event argument, but I'm realizing now that a valuable condition is missing from rules core. There is currently no way to check if "a forum is a specific forum" outside of using php code to do the test.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kevin, so I have a question for you on something I want to get done and I think Rules might be able to help me.

I currently have a rule setup where when a users Beta Applications are moved to the Approved subforum it updates their usergroup and shoots them a welcome PM. I want to be able to send them a Beta key from a list also.

Can you think of a way I can put a list of keys somewhere that I can then include in that PM? Maybe someway I can upload a spreadsheet or cvs with keys and it grabs one and pastes it into the PM?

Edited by Jesse Rapczak
1 hour ago, Kevin Carwile said:

That brings up a few questions. Is it one key per member and then it is not to be used again?

How would you know who has what key? Does it even matter?

We don't need to know who has what key, it's just an activation code. and yes it would be one key per member and not to be used again.

You could set up a custom action to roll together the group change and welcome PM (with beta key) into one function. Add a member as an argument to the custom action and also add a string value to the custom action to accept the beta key. 

When you are adding the standard PM action to your custom action rule, the beta key passed in will be available as a token value to insert into your message.

Then all you have to do is trigger your new custom action to perform the group change and send the PM with beta key.

When configuring the beta key to send to your custom action, you would choose php code as the source and pull a new beta key from a list somewhere as you stated. That part would be up to you to work out.

But lets say that you have a comma seperated list of keys in a text file... you could do something like:

$keys = explode( ',', file_get_contents( 'keysfile.txt' );

$key = array_shift($keys);

file_put_contents( 'keysfile.txt', implode( ',', $keys );

return $key;

I thought there might be an rule for this, I want to create and rule (new at this plugin, You might have to upload them to me or us) for inactive members. An rule to say email them or what ever you may think whats the best option. I want something that will get to those  inactive members and make them aware that we are still here active. 

16 hours ago, EmpireKickAss said:

I thought there might be an rule for this, I want to create and rule (new at this plugin, You might have to upload them to me or us) for inactive members. An rule to say email them or what ever you may think whats the best option. I want something that will get to those  inactive members and make them aware that we are still here active. 

Isn't that one of the built-in (or supplied) Rules? I think I have something like that and I've never developed one yet.