Automatically Follow Content defaults?

opentype

​The default for any further registrations can be set from Admin > Members > Member Settings > Notifications, by clicking the 'Notifications Settings' button on that page.

​Mhh. I still don’t get. Or it doesn’t work somehow. 

The “groups to automatically follow all content” only saves one group, even though I have choosen several. Bug? Can anyone confirm?

The default follow method was set to “One email per day” since I opened the board. But I guess that only kicks in when the group was correctly chose before, doesn’t it?

​Mhh. I still don’t get. Or it doesn’t work somehow. 

The “groups to automatically follow all content” only saves one group, even though I have choosen several. Bug? Can anyone confirm?

The default follow method was set to “One email per day” since I opened the board. But I guess that only kicks in when the group was correctly chose before, doesn’t it?

​Report the groups issue, I can reproduce that.

That however is completely unrelated to the default follow setting. I'm actually confused. The setting states:

Default follow method for automatically following content replied to

When it only appears to affect  "Method to use for content I follow automatically" and not the "Automatically follow content I reply to" notification configuration for a new user, the latter defaults to disabled.

Not sure if bug or bad verbiage in language string.

Bug reported.

But regarding the defaults I am more puzzled than when I started this topic. I just tried it with a test account. The settings under “Notification settings” don’t turn on the default member’s settings for “Automatically follow content”. So this is intentional then or a bug? Members need to actively turn these options on here and this cannot be pre-set by the admin? And if is not a bug, what is the selection “Groups to automatically follow all content” in the ACP supposed to do then?

​The default for any further registrations can be set from Admin > Members > Member Settings > Notifications, by clicking the 'Notifications Settings' button on that page.

​That setting will make that group follow all content posted to the community not just their own?

"Selected groups will automatically receive notifications for all new content "

The settings under “Notification settings” don’t turn on the default member’s settings for “Automatically follow content”. So this is intentional then or a bug? Members need to actively turn these options on here and this cannot be pre-set by the admin? And if is not a bug, what is the selection “Groups to automatically follow all content” in the ACP supposed to do then?

The defaults only apply to new members, they will not update existing member preferences.

The defaults only apply to new members, they will not update existing member preferences.

​Sure, makes sense. But I tried that with a new account as well and couldn’t see an effect. 

Is “Groups to automatically follow all content.” (ACP) supposed to turn on “Automatically follow new content I post” (Member setting) for new members of the selected groups?

That setting in 3.x worked in the back-end without showing any visible change on the front-end. Even if you didn't choose to subscribe that setting would force you to receive a notification regardless without changing your settings. Not sure if that was supposed to change for 4.0.

That setting in 3.x worked in the back-end without showing any visible change on the front-end. Even if you didn't choose to subscribe that setting would force you to receive a notification regardless without changing your settings. Not sure if that was supposed to change for 4.0.

And another comment which leaves me even more puzzled about what these settings are meant to do and how they interact. >_<

• 4 months later...

i have used this for 3.x

http://pastebin.com/XYswSZL8

for a array...

sure a way to do this for 4.x  there is.

for auto track on 3.x

Per settare in automatico la notifica mail delle risposte agli utenti è necessario lanciare la query direttamente sul database

ALTER TABLE members CHANGE auto_track auto_track VARCHAR( 50 ) NULL DEFAULT 'XX';
UPDATE members SET auto_track='XX';

Cambiando le XX con uno dei segueti valori
none
immediate
delayed
daily
weekly

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived