On 23/12/2015 at 0:45 AM, Mike John said:

It might be possible if your willing to change the type of truncate used to "hide" the post rather then remove. Let me know and can put together some edits. But right now it can't extract 1 image from a post and display it separately.

Yes please..:smile:

On 25/12/2015 at 0:25 AM, sonimik1 said:

Yes please..:smile:

If you open your acp > theme editor > portal > front > browse > topicRow.

Find:

<div data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='{setting="portal_topic_truncate"} lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove' class='ipsType_medium ipsType_richText ipsContained' >
        					{$topic->truncated( false )|raw}
        				</div>

Replace With:

<div data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='{setting="portal_topic_truncate"} lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='hide' class='ipsType_medium ipsType_richText ipsContained' >
        					{$topic->content()|raw}
        				</div>

Save. Try that and see if it works how you wanted.

After upgrading to the latest IPB 4.x, I'm getting this error:

Wed, 06 Jan 2016 13:18:41 +0000 (Severity: 4)
46.246.xxx.xxx - http://example.com/
Template store key: template_1_2b3106f5121a5ec568245e6eecbe3f60_widgets rebuilding and requested again (portal, front, widgets)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum returns HTTP 500, administration works fine... If I disable the App, forum returns back to normal.

Any ideas?

18 hours ago, sonimik1 said:

Text hides nothing
Truncate main topic - 20 out full

I'm still unclear about this, can you paste the surrounding changes you made in the acp and theme editor when you applied the find and replace instructions?

15 hours ago, ehku said:

A suggestion to @Mike John: The current layout leaves a wide space below the avatar. Although this does not seem to be a problem on larger screens, it should be optimized for phone screen. I suggest Mike to resize the avatar and put it into the title bar.

I'll note this for the future and what responsive design changes I can add.

13 hours ago, deepsheet said:

After upgrading to the latest IPB 4.x, I'm getting this error:

Can you try uninstalling and then re-installing the Portal again? Just tested with v4.1.6.1 and wasn't able to reproduce this error.

Dear Sir,

I keep to your instructions and substitute as you told me but when I select truncate, the post is always complete, no matter the number of lines that I set. The only thing that changes is a text right below that displays a blank space and leaves the whole text right above. What I need to display first is the image of the post right above, and then some text.

Regards.

On 7/1/2016 at 7:37 AM, sonimik1 said:

I keep to your instructions and substitute as you told me but when I select truncate, the post is always complete, no matter the number of lines that I set. The only thing that changes is a text right below that displays a blank space and leaves the whole text right above. What I need to display first is the image of the post right above, and then some text.

I'll need to troubleshoot this on your board then as I haven't been able to reproduce any issues.

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 0:22 PM, ehku said:

Hi @Mike John: It seems that the Portal plugin is not compatible with IPS 4.1.7. Could you please check?

I have this error :

2016/01/15 10:17:37 [error] 2284#0: *495111 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method IPS\portal\extensions\core\FrontNavigation\Portal::activeOrChildActive() in /var/www/forum4/system/Theme/Theme.php(692) : eval()'d code on line 6929" while reading response header from upstream, client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: localhost, request: "GET /forum4/index.php?/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "www.maxthon-fr.com", referrer: "http://www.maxthon-fr.com/forum4/index.php?/"

On 1/16/2016 at 3:47 PM, Greg W said:

Not working with 4.1.7 here either, I have had to disable it for the site to run

Same problem here. I was able to work around it for now by editing this file:

/applications/portal/extensions/core/FrontNavigation/Portal.php

changed line reading:

class _Portal

to

class _Portal extends \IPS\core\FrontNavigation\FrontNavigationAbstract

I assume it has to do with some menu issue in 4.1 like is shown in one of the patches to 4.1.7 that refers to this type of error.

I'm not sure if this workaround causes any other problems, but this at least got me going on 4.1.7 and easier than restoring back to 4.1.6.1. If you haven't upgraded yet, I would hold off until it's fixed though.

Edited by prupdated
On 22/01/2016 at 11:25 AM, prupdated said:

Same problem here. I was able to work around it for now by editing this file:

/applications/portal/extensions/core/FrontNavigation/Portal.php

changed line reading:

class _Portal

to

class _Portal extends \IPS\core\FrontNavigation\FrontNavigationAbstract

I assume it has to do with some menu issue in 4.1 like is shown in one of the patches to 4.1.7 that refers to this type of error.

I'm not sure if this workaround causes any other problems, but this at least got me going on 4.1.7 and easier than restoring back to 4.1.6.1. If you haven't upgraded yet, I would hold off until it's fixed though.

Thanks for that, it has got mine working again :)

On 18 december 2015 at 10:50 PM, Ramy Daas said:

Is it possible to create left blocks with this portal? I'd like to have blocks on both side of the page. Right & Left.

Hi Michael, the update 1.5.3 works great! 

If you have time, can you look to the ability to create left blocks on this potal ? 

Thanks!

Regards, Bart