1 hour ago, Ashley Craig said:

(NE) Hide Content is shown inside Portal ...

Example - hide Spoiler content, in actual thread, content inside Spoiler is hidden, in Portal, it's shown.

That's not an issue that can be resolved by @Michael.J as (NE) Hide Content is designed to work with the IPS modules only, not 3rd party applications. Integration with other apps would require custom work on my side to be done.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2021 at 5:32 PM, DesertIslandFruits said:

Previously unread topics from the Portal page used to be in bold I believe - or so about five members have complained about.

That looks like another widget from another app? Which one are you using?

On 6/26/2021 at 12:34 AM, Ashley Craig said:

(NE) Hide Content is shown inside Portal ...

Yeah as mentioned above, you'll need to submit a custom request to the app author to add support for the Portal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 8:10 AM, Ricardo Ribeiro said:

I Have one problem, for settings blocks option Visibility not work, I config Visibility and save, but after save, config is back to default...

I've just released a new update pending IPS approval that fixes this and a few other bugs.

• 10 months later...

Sorry if you know already, but the 4.7.2 update breaks Portal due to a security issue, see below. Unfortunately, we were using Portal for our hompage. I hope this gets fixed soon.

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible hooks and/or subclasses. In PHP8, altering overloaded method signatures within a subclass results in a fatal error which can make a site completely inoperable. Also, our hook system relies on subclasses so this change applies to hooks as well. Therefore, this code must be either replaced with an updated version, removed, or disabled from your site as soon as possible.

21 hours ago, tforums said:

Sorry if you know already, but the 4.7.2 update breaks Portal due to a security issue, see below. Unfortunately, we were using Portal for our hompage. I hope this gets fixed soon.

I hope it gets updated also. But you can turn the portal back on. Under AdminCP go to applications and enable the portal application. It still works even with the stated error.

Edited by APWU

All my apps and plugins were manually tested with IPB 4.7.0 and PHP 8.1 but it appears IPS have required further changes to be made. I'll be going through and updating them all again in the coming weeks but until then, if you are using the latest version, none of these logs appear to be critical and you are able to manually enable the application again until I've updated this.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Michael.J!

Are there any updates on this? I managed to update to 4.7.2.1 since it allows to manually re-enable the Portal application but now I'd like to update to 4.7.3 and I don't know if I still can re-enable the application afterwards.

It would be nice if you could make it work for upcoming releases so I don't need to be afraid of updating my community anymore.

Kind regards
Sebastian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/18/2023 at 12:23 PM, tforums said:

Having CPU load issues when Portal is made the default homepage after latest IPB upgrade. Please see the topic here.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/471698-database-process-running-constantly-overloading-cpu/#comment-2923362

I have tried re-installing the Portal 1.8.1, but the problem is still there.

I can confirm this issue on two other installs. The SQL query needs to be optimized, please, so we can restore Portal to our homepages. Thanks!

On 1/24/2023 at 9:42 AM, tforums said:

I can confirm this issue on two other installs. The SQL query needs to be optimized, please, so we can restore Portal to our homepages. Thanks!

Do you have any other blocks or changes to the Portal? I assume it's just the main latest topic blocks that is causing the issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...