Jump to content

Portal


Michael.J

Recommended Posts

I'm a bit confused... (doesn't take much)

My forum is in /forums and I've placed the home.php script in my root directory, /httpdocs

I'm presuming I rename home.php to index.php and the file looks like this...

 

<?php
/**
 * @package        Portal
 * @author        <a href='http://www.devfuse.com'>DevFuse</a>
 * @copyright    (c) 2015 DevFuse
 */
$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']    = __FILE__;
/**
 * Path to your IP.Board directory with a trailing /
 */
$path    = './httpdocs/forums/';

$_GET['app']        = 'portal';
$_GET['module']        = 'portal';
$_GET['controller']    = 'portal';

require_once $path . 'init.php';
\IPS\Dispatcher\Front::i()->run();

 

Or should the path look like:

$path    = 'http://www.militariacollectors.network/forums/';

 

Neither seem to wor, tearing my hair out here... :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I have created a new portal block for an advertisement on the left blocks, so created a custom advertisement with key {advertisement="block_side"} I put this in the block and all that's coming up is {advertisement="block_side"} no image or link, any ideas where i'm going wrong please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2016 at 8:14 AM, karld said:

Hi I have created a new portal block for an advertisement on the left blocks, so created a custom advertisement with key {advertisement="block_side"} I put this in the block and all that's coming up is {advertisement="block_side"} no image or link, any ideas where i'm going wrong please?

Advertisement code like that would need to be included within the Portal template bit itself. What position were you looking to add the ad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Mike John said:

Advertisement code like that would need to be included within the Portal template bit itself. What position were you looking to add the ad?

Hi I wanted to put it in the left panel but not in the default advertisements areas.
Prior to upgrading to ipb 4 I used to use the hook custom blocks which you could pull this kind of content or add html etc.

 

Edited by karld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, karld said:

Hi I wanted to put it in the left panel but not in the default advertisements areas.
Prior to upgrading to ipb 4 I used to use the hook custom blocks which you could pull this kind of content or add html etc.

I haven't had a chance to test this yet but you could setup a php portal block and try something like this.

<?php

$advertisement = \IPS\core\Advertisement::loadByLocation( 'block_side' );
print $advertisement;

?>

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

You sure it's just not showing you the topic? Just hid a post and logged out and it seems to be hiding the hidden topics.

So the portal is showing me hidden topics because I have the ability to see hidden topics? If that's the case; is there some way to make it not pull them period? Especially since there is no indication it's a hidden topic in the portal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Koby said:

So the portal is showing me hidden topics because I have the ability to see hidden topics? If that's the case; is there some way to make it not pull them period? Especially since there is no indication it's a hidden topic in the portal.

Try this.

Open applications/portal/modules/front/portal/portal.php

Find:

$table = new \IPS\Helpers\Table\Content( 'IPS\forums\Topic', \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=portal&module=portal&controller=portal', 'public', 'portal' ), $where, NULL, NULL, 'read' );

Replace With:

$table = new \IPS\Helpers\Table\Content( 'IPS\forums\Topic', \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=portal&module=portal&controller=portal', 'public', 'portal' ), $where, NULL, FALSE, 'read' );

Save. Just let me know if it works and will confirm for next version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

Try this.

Open applications/portal/modules/front/portal/portal.php

Find:


$table = new \IPS\Helpers\Table\Content( 'IPS\forums\Topic', \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=portal&module=portal&controller=portal', 'public', 'portal' ), $where, NULL, NULL, 'read' );

Replace With:


$table = new \IPS\Helpers\Table\Content( 'IPS\forums\Topic', \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=portal&module=portal&controller=portal', 'public', 'portal' ), $where, NULL, FALSE, 'read' );

Save. Just let me know if it works and will confirm for next version.

Works! Thanks Mike.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On November 25, 2015 at 9:33 AM, CP said:

I have always been a portal type of person. I always had to have a portal. Currently, I am using Mike's portal but have thought about creating my own with Pages because I can do more with it. If there was a portal that could do more and have all the features that ehku suggested with the ability to add up to three columns it would be something I would purchase. But I would want to add these columns anywhere I want. For example, if I could add one column on the top, three columns below that, two below that and so on.   

It seems I have not received any replies from Mike on this. But everything I said remains the same. Kinda like the Unreal Portal released years ago. That is what I would like to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Koby said:

Works! Thanks Mike.

Thanks, noted for next version.

16 hours ago, CP said:

It seems I have not received any replies from Mike on this. But everything I said remains the same. Kinda like the Unreal Portal released years ago. That is what I would like to see. 

Support for 3 columns is my goal but when I get there is uncertain. This was one of the first if not the first IP.Board 4 application to be upgraded and I've updated it continuously to ensure stability. But right now my focus is still on bug fixing on all my mods before I look to new major features.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 22. April 2015 at 6:09 AM, Mike John said:
 

Go to ACP > System Tab > Applications and click the "Set as default app" icon to change which app loads as index.

I just did that now I got a blank white page. Not sure why. I have the latest IPB and latest Portal. My Forum is set as offline currently but didnt changed after I changed the settings....

 

edit: seems resolved I just reinstalled the portal and now it works....

Edited by mexopix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have this portal installed on 3 sites. After the 4.1.10 upgrade on 1 site. got an error with the portal. so i uninstalled then reinstalled it. Still getting the same error. Only happens on one of the sites the other 2 are fine. Any suggestion Please?

 

Errors

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /public_html/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(1763): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0)
#1 /public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(694) : eval()'d code(296): IPS\forums\_Topic->content()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_portal_front_browse->topicRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#3 /public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(694) : eval()'d code(45): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topicRow', Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_portal_front_browse->forumTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#6 /public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('forumTable', Array)
#8 /public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(472): call_user_func(Array, Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#9 /public_html/applications/portal/modules/front/portal/portal.php(79): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#10 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\portal\modules\front\portal\_portal->manage()
#11 /public_html/applications/portal/modules/front/portal/portal.php(29): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\portal\modules\front\portal\_portal->execute()
#13 /public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/04/2016 at 3:07 AM, Tribalize said:

I have this portal installed on 3 sites. After the 4.1.10 upgrade on 1 site. got an error with the portal. so i uninstalled then reinstalled it. Still getting the same error. Only happens on one of the sites the other 2 are fine. Any suggestion Please?

I can't reproduce this but it seems IPB 4.1.10 did make a change in relation to how the topic post was loaded. I'm going to need board and ftp access to troubleshoot this further but I believe this may be an issue with IPB 4 itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...