Safe to say there will be a beta 7?

SJ77

That makes sense. I can imagine that chasing bugs is an endless process and the line needs to be drawn somewhere or the development period would never cease. That's why I am trying to get a sense of where the leadership team feels they are in the process. Is this now good enough to start support or does it seem like one more beta is in order?

We are leaning toward not doing another beta and starting to provide support via a Release Candidate version.

​I'd really like that. I personally need some of the new features for a project and am thus on the edge of my seat f5-ing the forums waiting for the RC :D 

Of course, its far more important for you to deliver a quality product than deliver it fast.

We are leaning toward not doing another beta and starting to provide support via a Release Candidate version.

​Yes, I would be thrilled about this because I would open it to my entire community and tell them to report bugs to me as I have quite a few people that will help out!

***getting genuinely excited now***

​In fact our Community in the Cloud clients will be the first to get the supported release as we plan on a phased-in release process to keep things under control :) 

Must be customer appreciation day for everyone that bought a license to test IPS4 and spent their time reporting bugs.... 

• Management

Must be customer appreciation day for everyone that bought a license to test IPS4 and spent their time reporting bugs.... 

​One of the badest decissions since i am a customer at IPS... Sad way to thank People - just leaving them alone with bugs.

​No need to get all worked up :)

We are putting the first full release to our Cloud clients only at first as it allows us to address any problems very quickly. On our own network we control the environement, no need to chase you down for passwords, can directly access error logs, and so on. By doing it this way for a short period we will iron out any final unforeseen problems before doing the broader release soon after.

But there are many bugs in Beta 6 - some are not trivial and break things badly (see IP.Pages for example). Why not just give us a Beta 6a or what ever you want to call it.
I think, most of us using/trying the beta(s) want the bugfixes....Why not give a "unsupported" version to us and start to support your CIC-Customers with that version?

It is important to keep in mind that you are using an unsupported beta.  When we release a supported RC, the entire dynamic changes.  If there are bugs on a beta, it is a beta (and while we do our best to get them ironed out - that is the purpose of a beta release after all).  When we make an RC release that we have to support, however, it is critical to get anything major that is broken fixed ASAP.

It is important to keep in mind that you are using an unsupported beta.  When we release a supported RC, the entire dynamic changes.  If there are bugs on a beta, it is a beta (and while we do our best to get them ironed out - that is the purpose of a beta release after all).  When we make an RC release that we have to support, however, it is critical to get anything major that is broken fixed ASAP.

​Which is why I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to release another Beta before the release candidate.  There have been a lot of fixes put in after Beta 6 but that haven't been tested in the wild yet. I know you (and a great number of people here) want to do an RC, but I'm still not convinced 4.0 is done baking yet.

​Which is why I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to release another Beta before the release candidate.  There have been a lot of fixes put in after Beta 6 but that haven't been tested in the wild yet. I know you (and a great number of people here) want to do an RC, but I'm still not convinced 4.0 is done baking yet.

​Apparently there is a beta 7 now. We just discovered this as well.

Archived