[IPS 4] Retina display

kysil

There is no direct Retina support yet (e.g. alternative images, vector image upload) other than using larger images and scaling them down through CSS. 

The logo output is set in global template called “logo”. You might edit that to achieve what you want. The code would depend on how you want to achieve Retina support. There are several techniques in use today. Personally, I will just use a SVG image in a DIV container for my 4.0 site. 

Sadly, the main area where I currently don’t find a solution for Retina displays are the Emoticons. They look terrible on a Retina screen and there is nothing I can do about it. :sad:

Will the release version of IPS 4 allow uploading the normal and @2x versions of a logo in the default theme? Right now if you "try" to use a @2x version its obviously too large (not scaled down) and if you use a 1x version it looks hideous on retina displays compared to all of the elements (like Font Awesome) which are retina. It looks like the logo was added as an afterthought. Any suggestions? Is there already a bug report filed for this? Thanks.

Any suggestions? Is there already a bug report filed for this? Thanks.

​It isn’t a bug.

You need to manually change the logo templates to add your choice of hi-res screen supprt:

Or I guess you could also use only CSS to force your hi-res image to a smaller size. 

Archived