Download: Stop Spammer Registration

Dylan Riggs

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've really found a need for this mod in recent months ever since my spam signups have increased hugely....Over 2 dozen per day!

I installed the mod and configured all the options as instructed in this support topic...but it doesn't seem to be making any difference - They are still getting through! Has anyone else had this same problem and been able to fix whatever the issue is?

Running 3.1.4.

Thanks

I've really found a need for this mod in recent months ever since my spam signups have increased hugely....Over 2 dozen per day!

I installed the mod and configured all the options as instructed in this support topic...but it doesn't seem to be making any difference - They are still getting through! Has anyone else had this same problem and been able to fix whatever the issue is?

Running 3.1.4.

Thanks

As Hunting Insects said, it doesn't support 3.1.4. However I am working on a 3.1.4 version at the moment.

I'm still getting that driver error when a staff click on SFS in a member profile,i thought it was fixed in the last update you done but it's still the same...

I didn't look into it because after I said, re-install it you said:

Respect,every thing seem too be working as intended now,i've removed the old version and done a fresh install so that seem to fixed the issues i was having.bless

Which I thought meant that the re-install fixed the problem.

I'll look into it soon.

Thanks for the report, this update should fix it.

Update to 1.3.2 [color=#FF0000](Please uninstall old versions before installing the new version)[/color]

This update just fixes an error you could get when displaying the blocked spammers count on the board index.

The blocked spammers count shows up twice instead of once.. I am using 1.3.2, I uninstalled 1.3.1 and still get this problem...

%7Boption%7D

Just found an error log on my host which seems to be from this hook, anyone seen this before.

[10-Feb-2012 01:05:54] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/hooks/cstopspamreg_23ee1fae72d8048c1860fa730e937769.php:40

Stack trace:

#0 /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/hooks/cstopspamreg_23ee1fae72d8048c1860fa730e937769.php(40): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('')

#1 /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/register.php(65): cstopspamreg->registerProcessForm()

#2 /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(302): public_core_global_register->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry))

#3 /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(120): ipsCommand->execute(Object(ipsRegistry))

#4 /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(65): ipsController->handleRequest()

#5 /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/index.php(26): ipsController::run()

#6 {main}

thrown in /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/hooks/cstopspamreg_23ee1fae72d8048c1860fa730e937769.php on line 40

Update for compatibility with IP.Board 3.1!
With All the same features of the 3.2 version... but shouldn't have the driver error.

@ JahLion, not yet sorry. Next update for the 3.2 version will hopefully fix it.

Also, My spammers blocked count is upto 2247 on my forum :o

Update for compatibility with IP.Board 3.1!

With All the same features of the 3.2 version... but shouldn't have the driver error.

@ JahLion, not yet sorry. Next update for the 3.2 version will hopefully fix it.

Also, My spammers blocked count is upto 2247 on my forum :o

using on both 3.2 and 3.1.4 forums, works really well and saves me a lot of time.
Thanks again Cyrem for you work/time creating this hook.

Donation sent to show my appreciation :grin:

The blocked spammers count shows up twice instead of once.. I am using 1.3.2, I uninstalled 1.3.1 and still get this problem...

%7Boption%7D

Just an update on the issue I reported in my previous post, the spammers count doesnt show up twice in statistics when viewing my board as a guest but it does show twice when logged in!!! Hope this helps..

Getting a database error when I try to report someone to SFS for spam from the profile link. What's the issue?

I believe it might the redirect I put in to prevent accidental repeat submissions, but I won't know for sure till I get you guys to test the next update.

using on both 3.2 and 3.1.4 forums, works really well and saves me a lot of time.

Thanks again Cyrem for you work/time creating this hook.

Donation sent to show my appreciation :grin:

Glad to help & thank-you!

thanks for this tool. it's awesome , i will donate as soon i can , this has save me a lot of time XD

thanks.

Thanks for the support :smile:

Honestly I think you should make a paid premium version, get some forced donation for this amazing app :D.

Unfortunaly I can't, part of the SFS rules is that any application that connects to it's database must not be sold.

Just an update on the issue I reported in my previous post, the spammers count doesnt show up twice in statistics when viewing my board as a guest but it does show twice when logged in!!! Hope this helps..

It is a certainly strange problem. Do you have any other hooks installed that may effect the stats? I can't possibly see how it's getting duplicated in the hook's code since it's only added once. Have you tried uninstalling the hook and re-installing?

Is there any chance that this hook could on a cron task filter thru my member database and go thru each email and ip addressed used and test it against SFS and then if there is a threat level - push these members into their own group - where i can decide to ban or delete them based on their activity?

It is a certainly strange problem. Do you have any other hooks installed that may effect the stats? I can't possibly see how it's getting duplicated in the hook's code since it's only added once. Have you tried uninstalling the hook and re-installing?

If I remember correctly, I think I had uninstalled and re-installed it when I changed from version 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 and I dont have any mods that I believe would affect the stats but I will do some testing and see if there is a conflict somewhere!! As I mentioned, it only shows up twice when I am logged in! It only shows up once when viewing my site as guest!!

Hi Cyrem,

Just wanted to know where I can go to edit the subject line for the "User Registration Block" messages, I'd like to remove the (username) portion of it, this would allow GMail and some other emails to "Thread" the email into one subject, instead of getting repeated Inbox spam shown on Jay's earlier post.

Subject Line
Before: User Registration Block (ImASpammer)
After: User Registration Block

The contents of the message can remain the same though.

I just want to avoid something like this from Jay's earlier post

728519cbe7a96caf854f77c8c4deb16a.png?132

Hi Cyrem,

Just wanted to know where I can go to edit the subject line for the "User Registration Block" messages, I'd like to remove the (username) portion of it, this would allow GMail and some other emails to "Thread" the email into one subject, instead of getting repeated Inbox spam shown on Jay's earlier post.

No problem, this is how to do the manual edit:
- In your Hooks directory there should be a file ending in "cstopspamreg" or a similar name.
- Open it and look for this line:

$subject = $this->settings['cssfs_subject']." (".$this->request['members_display_name'].")";

- Change it to:

$subject = $this->settings['cssfs_subject'];

- Save, reupload.

That should be it.

Nice SW sites BTW....

The Empire Thanks you for your assistance Cyrem, the Emperor is pleased and will spare your home planet from the Death Star's Laser :wink:

(I'll go and edit that bit o' anti-spam code now, much appreciated Cyrem)

I've also updated my sig, there's definitely more sites under my wing now.

The Empire Thanks you for your assistance Cyrem, the Emperor is pleased and will spare your home planet from the Death Star's Laser :wink:

(I'll go and edit that bit o' anti-spam code now, much appreciated Cyrem)

I've also updated my sig, there's definitely more sites under my wing now.

I am now sometimes refered to as 'Lord Vader' by my moderaters since doing a Star Wars takeover prank on my forum. :tongue: So I am fully aware of the power of this fully operational Death Star. armoredcalvary.net's background, I have that as part of a poster.

O_O Wow... how do get time to post and manage them all?

/Ontopic: Glad I could help.

Archived