Download: Stop Spammer Registration

Dylan Riggs

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thing, does anyone know if this works with facebook and twitter registration?

No it doesn;t sorry. However chances of spammers coming from facebook/twitter would be low.

Hi

This was working fine on my forum, some 2000+ stopped, it has now stopped working (spammers blocked count doesnt go up at all anymore) , any ideas why ?

Strange, what version of IP.Board are you running? Has it been like this for a few days or once off?

How do I disable new facebook/twitter registration please?

I looked everywhere in ACP but found no settings to disable it.

This is located in: System Settings > System > Social Media and Sharing.

You will want to turn of "Enable Facebook Connect" and "Enable Twitter Connect".

Hi

This was working fine on my forum, some 2000+ stopped, it has now stopped working (spammers blocked count doesnt go up at all anymore) , any ideas why ?

I installed this on a 3.3.4 board and have now upgraded to 3.4. I know the hook is working because it adds IP addresses to the banlist but the count display has never updated since day 1.

Please add Bad Behavior support.

This blocks spammers, bad bots, scrapers, malicious hacker bots, fake bots, xrumer, infected browsers, reduces bandwidth and saves server resources: http://bad-behavior.ioerror.us/

It keeps my vbulletin big board free of spammers and works great in combination with stopforumspam. It has stopped many millions of bad bots at my site. I wouldn't dream of running a website without it.

If you are interested to add this, then consider to contact Michael at: http://bad-behavior.ioerror.us/

He is very helpful.

I installed this on a 3.3.4 board and have now upgraded to 3.4. I know the hook is working because it adds IP addresses to the banlist but the count display has never updated since day 1.

I found the problem with my 'blocked spammers' count not incrementing. I hadn't realised I still had another hook enabled (SFS), and the problem was fixed by removing that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the problem with my 'blocked spammers' count not incrementing. I hadn't realised I still had another hook enabled (SFS), and the problem was fixed by removing that one.

I had the same problem with the spammer count not incrementing.....but disabling the SFS hook just removed the spam counter from the bottom of the board.

Why isn't my spam counter incrementing? I know I get spammers all the time trying to register, I see them being blocked by IPB.

I gave up with this add-on as it worked for a bit then broke (as above) and support wasnt forthcoming

You didn't answer the questions asked, such as your board version?, if it's missed every spammer since it stopped working or if it blocks some and others get through? Did you install anything on the day that it broke, including updates to IP.B? Have you run any other SFS hook in the past or now? because that has been known to interfere with this one.

I gave up with this add-on as it worked for a bit then broke (as above) and support wasnt forthcoming

I use the (JG33)_sfs_2.1.5 hook. Works fine with 3.4.1 It has prevented thousands of spam registrations. Plays well with the spam monitoring service.

3DKiwi

Stop Spammer registration mod works fine with me in 3.4.1 It has blocked about 15,000 spammers so far! (installed it less than 2 months ago)

I just need to know how do I add thousands separators to the number of blocked spammers appearing in the forum stats please?

You didn't answer the questions asked, such as your board version?, if it's missed every spammer since it stopped working or if it blocks some and others get through? Did you install anything on the day that it broke, including updates to IP.B? Have you run any other SFS hook in the past or now? because that has been known to interfere with this one.

After 3 days of waiting I had uninstalled it so gave up

It was a 3.4 version (I think - It would have been the latest IPB at the time i had the problem) and it was working fine - nothing added hook wise - it then stopped - uninstalled - re-installed - checked all settings but nowt so gave up with it - Like i said it worked for quite a few spammers then froze and stopped

After 3 days of waiting I had uninstalled it so gave up

It was a 3.4 version (I think - It would have been the latest IPB at the time i had the problem) and it was working fine - nothing added hook wise - it then stopped - uninstalled - re-installed - checked all settings but nowt so gave up with it - Like i said it worked for quite a few spammers then froze and stopped

Hmmmm, doesn't really make sense that it would just 'stop'. It only executes when a guest attempts to register then does the call to SFS, checks it and passes or denys based on the SFS responce. It's still running fine on my board, so there is no API change for the call. There isn't anything in your whitelist is there? Was it checking "either IP or email" or did you have something else set? Other than that I can only see a problem with your board and SFS communicating... but to see if thats the problem I'd need you to install a test version to see what SFS responds with.

how do I add thousands separators to the number of blocked spammers appearing in the forum stats please?

There is a PHP function: http://php.net/manual/en/function.number-format.php . This will format the number, you'll probably need to add it to ... I think the file is called "cstopspamreg_bstats.php". You'll need to wrap it arround the block count. If this is beyond you, I'll try to whip up the code for you.

Yes please write me the code. I don't know coding. Many thanks.

No problem. Find the file in Hooks called cstopspamreg_bstats_(random hash).php and replace the contents with:
class cstopspamreg_bstats extends customForumBlocksBoardIndexHook
{
  public function boardIndexTemplate( $lastvisit="", $stats=array(), $cat_data=array(), $show_side_blocks=true, $side_blocks=array() )
  {
        if ( $this->settings['cssfs_countenable'] == 1 && in_array( $this->memberData['member_group_id'], explode(",",$this->settings['cssfs_countgroups'] ) ) )
        {
         $this->lang->words['total_members'] .= "<li class='clear'><span class='value'>".number_format((int)$this->settings['cssfs_blockcount'])."</span> ".$this->settings['cssfs_counttext']."</li>";
        }

return parent::boardIndexTemplate( $lastvisit, $stats, $cat_data, $show_side_blocks, $side_blocks );
  }
}
EDIT: Retarded editor keeps ruining this post.

I've replaced the code with your code, but the board didn't show up, and gave this error instead:

Fatal error: Class 'customForumBlocksBoardIndexHook' not found in /..../admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3792) : eval()'d code on line 1

I also tried keeping the first line as is:

class cstopspamreg_bstats extends skin_boards(~id~)

and only edit the blockcount line from

".$this->settings['cssfs_blockcount']."</span>

to:

".number_format((int)$this->settings['cssfs_blockcount']."</span>

but this caused the blocked stats to disappear..

• 3 weeks later...

This hook is so good it leaves me dreaming of even one more feature.

Can it report spammers to stopforumspam.com?

And can it report those that we manually flag as spammers to stopforumspam.com?

I'm asking because everytime I find a spammer, I go report them, typing their username, IP address and email address. If that can be done automatically, it would be great, save much time and help strengthen the system.

Could that feature be added in a future release please?

Archived