Download: Stop Spammer Registration

Dylan Riggs

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. I even tried using the cache management system in the ACP but it still gives me that error. I'm just wondering if maybe the stopforumspam plugin is just not placing the proper code within the output file. I don't know how that works but the best I can gather is that when I load the other skins, that the skins are looking for the cstopspamreg_bstats within that file. Since there is no such code in that file, I'm wondering if the SFS hook isnt supposed to write to that file that why the system would be looking in that file for mention of the installed hooks or plugins.

Obviously, something is going on, because a combination fo the hooks and plugins are searching that file for something that doesn't exist. It's just odd because it shoiuld be doing the same error messages with the default forum skin but it isn't.

Keiichi, uninstall the hook and reinstall and then recache & rebuild all the templats. See if that solves it.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the advice and the assist, Dylan. It's working perfectly now. I'm wondering why this happened at all, in the first place because I had installed this plugin before the recent updates and upgrades to IPB. The forum skins, hooks and plugins had been working fine before these fubar errors started popping up after the upgrade to 3.4.5.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a slight problem (with 3.4.5 at least) - the hook is executed "too early" in some situations.

If you are using Q&A/captcha and spam-bot would leave the required fields (captcha or Q&A) empty or fill it wrong it still check if the e-mail/IP (depends of settings) in SFS service (reports to user) and sends you an e-mail about blocked attempt. If all required fields are not filled correctly and basic IP.Board checks stops bot from registration I guess there is no point of using SFS/mailing user, it creates a lot of 'false-positives' ;-)

I am a newbie here and I have no idea how to fix it (moving whole logic into registerForm and checking size of form_errors at the begining?) so I am disabling emails (but it still works great, even better than I imagine ;-)).

@broni -> http://www.projecthoneypot.org/board/read.php?f=4&i=919&t=919 4th post from bottom gives very detailed instructions :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I see Next Version: 1.4.0 (Coming Soon)

When is soon? It's been well over a year since last update. I don't know if the file needs an update, I'm just curious if you're working on a update, maybe to include more anti-spam services support?

Hello, I took this app over from the original developer and won't be updating it till 4.0 hits. Didn't notice that 1.4.0 said coming soon on it.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Can you confirm exactly how and were I do this in the acp - recache & rebuild all the templats

Is it just the recache skin sets in the look and feel section or something else?

I have a similar error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /usr/www/virtual/mywebsite/hooks/cstopspamreg_ae3c21f2846a3bb5818f2590024d3889.php:41 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/virtual/mywebsite/forums/hooks/cstopspamreg_ae3c21f2846a3bb5818f2590024d3889.php(41): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('<HTML><HEAD>?<T...') #1 /usr/www/virtual/mywebsite/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/register.php(65): cstopspamreg->registerProcessForm() #2 /usr/www/virtual/mywebsite/forums/hooks/dp3rs_CheckRegister_c6bc33797ce31716d0e60da3e92c562d.php(111): public_core_global_register->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #3 /usr/www/virtual/mywebsite/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(306): dp3rs_CheckRegister->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #4 /usr/www/virtual/mywebsite/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(120): ipsCommand->execute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #5 /usr/www/vir in /usr/www/virtual/mywebsite/forums/hooks/cstopspamreg_ae3c21f2846a3bb5818f2590024d3889.php on line 41

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm trying to download this hook, but it's in the Old Categories in the IPS Marketplace, and isn't allowing me to download it. Is it possible to Get this fixed?

Thanks

edit: I logged a support ticket and this was their response:

Hello,
You are seeing this error message because the file you're trying to download has not been moved to the new IPS Marketplace category structure. It is still listed in the 'Old Categories' section.

Our only recommendation would be for you to contact the mod author and bring this to their attention. They will need to ensure their file gets moved over to the new categories so that they are available for download.
  • 2 years later...

Archived