Guest Matt

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to tell you this, but according to

http://forums.invisionpower.com/blog/ips_n...?showentry=2097

there is

no such thing as IP.Dynamic

. To get what was IP.Dynamic, you have to buy IP.Nexus (which is what was Nexus and Dynamic).

IPD doesn't exist.

IPD isn't a production as CMS Joomla? IPD working with NEXUS? For buying IPD, I need buying NEXUS before :unsure: ?

IPD isn't a production as CMS Joomla? IPD working with NEXUS? For buying IPD, I need buying NEXUS before :unsure: ?

No... You've misunderstood. IPD no longer exists. IP.Nexus is now the base for their business suite. The features IP.Nexus and IP.Dynamic were going to have independently are now modules of the new IP.Nexus base product. The IP.Nexus is new... They just decided to recycle the name "Nexus" because it sounds cool.

I think it would be very neat if IPB was integrated into IP.Nexus as an addon. That would be awesome.... Maybe that's the plan for IPB 3.0?

• Management

Does it still have the feature where you can have content templates, and embedd and nest those templates in basic pages? Is that part of the CMS app or the Nexus core? I'm pretty sure I read Dynamic would have that feature.

Thanks

Yes, that's very much still a feature.

I'm quite curious... Will IPB 3.0 be an application of IP.Nexus? Would be very awesome to have one administration console :)

No. We have other plans for IP.Board 3.0.

No... You've misunderstood. IPD no longer exists. IP.Nexus is now the base for their business suite. The features IP.Nexus and IP.Dynamic were going to have independently are now modules of the new IP.Nexus base product. The IP.Nexus is new... They just decided to recycle the name "Nexus" because it sounds cool.

I think it would be very neat if IPB was integrated into IP.Nexus as an addon. That would be awesome.... Maybe that's the plan for IPB 3.0?

I am confused does IP.Dynamic no longer exist then. Has IP.Nexus and IP.Dynamic merged together?

• Management

For those of you who have been with IPS for some time you may have been aware of a previous announcement regarding the development of two separate products called Nexus and Dynamic. Nexus was to be an ecommerce billing system and Dynamic was to be a content management system.

As we developed these products the Internet market had changed quite a bit so we have made the decision to totally discontinue Nexus and Dynamic production as they were. We know many of you were looking forward to either Nexus or Dynamic as they were first intended and we apologize if this disrupts your plans.

Instead we have decided to create a new product that combines the previous goals of ecommerce and content management along with a host of features including customer management, support, business organization, and a modular structure in which features are only limited by our imagination.

Since everyone at IPS loved the term "Nexus" to describe this system we decided to recycle that name and so IP.Nexus was born. IP.Nexus is a complete business management suite which includes many of the previously stated goals along with so many more. We look forward to releasing this new product line.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/blog/ips_n...?showentry=2097

If we have IP.Board now and we want to purchase IP.Nexus when it comes out to manage some of our business applications, do we need to use Converge on our IP.Board? I am planning on purchasing this when it becomes available and I need to know if I need to start changing over to (or at least start planning on) the Converge login system.

If we have IP.Board now and we want to purchase IP.Nexus when it comes out to manage some of our business applications, do we need to use Converge on our IP.Board? I am planning on purchasing this when it becomes available and I need to know if I need to start changing over to (or at least start planning on) the Converge login system.

You don't have to, you can keep them entirely separate if you want. IP.Nexus has its own staff/group/etc. management. Converge would allow you to share users between the apps though, so it's up to you which option you want to go for :)

I can't begin to explain how incredibly exciting all this is! Even though I currently don't have a legitimate use for Nexus, it still excites me. I do have a few projects in the works with a family member, so Nexus will be HIGH on my list as the platform.

I'd give my left (insert appendage here) to still be a part of the IPS family so as to be a part of this new program... did I mention this is EXCITING?! :lol:

:wub:

It would be really cool if you could install IPB as an application of nexus and use one database.... That way you only have one AdminCP to login too.... But at the same time I guess it could run independently.

Would also me awesome if Nexus was independent from cPanel... I don't think it would be really that hard to accomplish. Most of cPanel is pretty much scripts that interact with third party applications anyway (through bash scripts).

Archived