IP.Nexus Video Preview: Discussion Topic

Guest Matt

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that it is extremely possible there will be a public beta before December ;)

Hah, but what about before November? o:) By the looks of it, IP.Nexus will be the _ultimate_ business software and I can't wait to get my hands on it...

mksirel tehy will probaly gives us some more videos to drool over, then post more about the features and saying how close it is then release it as a public beta. Only then will we be surprised to find out it is as great as we were all hoping, even better acualy.

A Modding I set up my PSP to take me ot the forums when I turn it on to see if there is such :) or maybe atleast another video for us to gawk over, I want to see the customer management video along with dynamic content. And as soon as the public beta ias available I am defiantly going to install it and have a day of fun messing around with it :)

IPS News account is currently online ;) Another announcement maybe?

Question for staff :P Basically, for our new site design, we have a different CSS for each page (colour schemes etc.), will Nexus support having different CSS's, or would we have to make a skin for each CSS? And disallow members from choosing skins?

• Management

I'm sure Rikki can answer this better than I can but I know our own site has multiple CSS depending on what section you're in. Remember in a web site you're not talking about skins, you are working with templates so members "choosing" them is sort of a different approach.

I'm sure Rikki can answer this better than I can but I know our own site has multiple CSS depending on what section you're in. Remember in a web site you're not talking about skins, you are working with templates so members "choosing" them is sort of a different approach.

To elaborate on what Charles said... You always have one master style set - no more, no less. But below that, you can create child style sets. Child style sets can either have their own CSS, or they can inherit the parent CSS. Individual pages can have a style set assigned. For example, on our site, we have most of our CSS in the parent style set, but then we have a style set for each section (community, client area, corporate, hosting). Those child style sets contain all of the CSS specific for that area, including overriding any of the parent styles as necessary. Then, pages of the site are assigned the relevant style set for the section they're in.

+ Master Style Set
|---ClientArea
|---Corporate
|---Hosting
|---etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I'm currently running a webhosting business, last year I started Modernbill 5 integration into my website, however as most of you know V5 was extremely buggy, so I went witha basic system - whmAP V2 that at least is very simple to use for all costumers and it is stable.

But after one year, the business is growing and I need some more features that WHMAP system doesn't has.

Would the hosting module of be considered competition to modernbill 5?

Would it have domain management?

Thank you and keep going with the excellent work on Nexus.
David

• 3 months later...

What exactly is IP.Nexus? Is it just newer the IP.Board or what? I am kinda lost to what it really is.

Nexus is a Customer Management, Customer Support, Billing Management, Content Management System, and Hosting Management all rolled into one system (depending on what modules are purchased). It is not a forum or replacement for IPB by any means. It is focused at businesses, although anyone could use it. It is very powerfull and I really can not wait to get my hands on a final release of the software.

Archived