IP.Nexus Video Preview: Discussion Topic

Guest Matt

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I mean is can you expand things in the same way you do IPB, or is that what the CMS is for?

When I saw previews of IPD it looked like you could manage individual pages... But with IPB's template system you can do stuff like:

$this->ipsclass->compiled_templates['skin_blah']->skin_bit(...);

The CMS seemed to be more for the average person.

• Management

IP.Nexus is way more extensible than IP.Board is. You can write new applications or just modules for existing applications.

You can write new dashboard widgets (more on that later) also.

IP.Nexus has basic page management built in. If you want dynamic content, such as article management, form management, etc then you'll need to purchase the CMS application.

IP.Nexus is way more extensible than IP.Board is. You can write new applications or just modules for existing applications.

You can write new dashboard widgets (more on that later) also.

IP.Nexus has basic page management built in. If you want dynamic content, such as article management, form management, etc then you'll need to purchase the CMS application.

Does it still have the feature where you can have content templates, and embedd and nest those templates in basic pages? Is that part of the CMS app or the Nexus core? I'm pretty sure I read Dynamic would have that feature.

Thanks

I have a question, how does credit card processing work? Do we need to purchase some sort of certificate or license to do it in addition to the software? I really have no idea how software does credit card processing. Does Mastercard, Visa and others have APIs available to developers? lol

How does Nexus do it?

• Management

I have a question, how does credit card processing work? Do we need to purchase some sort of certificate or license to do it in addition to the software? I really have no idea how software does credit card processing. Does Mastercard, Visa and others have APIs available to developers? lol

How does Nexus do it?

You would need to have a merchant account and use a gateway (such as authorize.net.) We are exploring the feasibility of partnering with a provider to aide our customers in accepting Visa, Amex, Mastercard, etc. There is also a PayPal gateway.

Authorize.net and PayPal are ready to go out-of-the-box in Nexus (provided you have the billing module, of course)

You would need to have a merchant account and use a gateway (such as authorize.net.) We are exploring the feasibility of partnering with a provider to aide our customers in accepting Visa, Amex, Mastercard, etc. There is also a PayPal gateway.

Authorize.net and PayPal are ready to go out-of-the-box in Nexus (provided you have the billing module, of course)

Oh okay, thanks. A partnership with a provider would be a very good idea. :)

Appreciate you may not be fully aware of the features of ECommerceTemplates, but is the Billing Side likely to have the typical features of an ecommerce system like that?

Seriously impressed with the look and features of this system... looking forward to testing it!

Jim

• Management

Appreciate you may not be fully aware of the features of ECommerceTemplates, but is the Billing Side likely to have the typical features of an ecommerce system like that?

Seriously impressed with the look and features of this system... looking forward to testing it!

Jim

Unfortunately, full shopping cart functionality is not going to make it into the first release of IP.Nexus. It will, however, be made available in the second major release.

Being as I'm unfamiliar with ECommerceTemplates, I'm unable to compare features. Suffice to say, the ecommerce module will be competitively robust. :)

I hate to tell you this, but according to

http://forums.invisionpower.com/blog/ips_n...?showentry=2097

there is

no such thing as IP.Dynamic

. To get what was IP.Dynamic, you have to buy IP.Nexus (which is what was Nexus and Dynamic).

IPD doesn't exist.

No, but once you purchase Nexus you can buy the Content Management "IPD" module, so there isn't really no such thing... it was just re-branded and moved around a bit.

Unfortunately, full shopping cart functionality is not going to make it into the first release of IP.Nexus. It will, however, be made available in the second major release.

Being as I'm unfamiliar with ECommerceTemplates, I'm unable to compare features. Suffice to say, the ecommerce module will be competitively robust. :)

Thanks for the reply. Shame about the lack of Shopping Cart function on the inital release, but glad to see it will come in due course... hope you impliment plenty of features like current ecommerce systems have.

Jim

So... what you're saying is you can extend the capability of IP.Nexus even if you had no modules by making your own PHP sources and templates, just like you would in IPB.... But for making pages "the easy way" you would get the CMS module?

So there could be a use for IP.Nexus as base line right? Something you could build on?

So there could be a use for IP.Nexus as base line right? Something you could build on?

Yep, the framework was designed to allow developers to quickly create their own addon applications. We'll have developer documentation available to explain how to create your own applications.

Excellent, so to clear this up..

It's a content management system with a support desk, hosting signup process (such as a form, proceed to payment gateway etc.. then send welcome email, activate in WHM) ? Along with Knowledge Base etc..

Sounds excellent either way. Dont keep us waiting no longer.

I usually never post in these topics but...

Every other week there's a conference of self congratulating "web 2.0 people" raving about each other's work.

In contrast, a company in the middle of nowhere doesn't make a lot of noise, but in terms of interface design, blows most of them away... and it's IPS, Inc :)

PS, I'm impressed :D

Excellent, so to clear this up..

It's a content management system with a support desk, hosting signup process (such as a form, proceed to payment gateway etc.. then send welcome email, activate in WHM) ? Along with Knowledge Base etc..

Sounds excellent either way. Dont keep us waiting no longer.

Close, but that's a slightly incorrect description. It's actually quite difficult to pigeonhole. I guess you'd call it a Business Framework, with a range of optional applications. The CMS is just one of the applications :)

Archived