Invision Community 5: Page Builder

Ehren

First order of business:

Wednesday Hump Day GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Second:

This looks awesome! Can't wait to give this a shot. 

One clarifying question: I presume these widgets and that functionality will work for building a page showcasing Topics? 

I'd love to see what the wallpaper version of Topics looks like. In my head, I'm thinking: a user posts a topic, but is required to upload an image, so that when the topic appears on the feed (on the page I've created), it has an image. 

Like this, but for Topics 😄

Screenshot-2024-06-26-at-9-18-17-AM.png

Anyway, looks super polished and slick! Nicely done! 

Thank you, this seems to be a significant évolution.

To align with the power of the IPS structure and to continue differentiating from what exists elsewhere, it would be useful to have the option to display content only to specific members, to specific groups, or after a certain number of days of registration.

This would allow for the implementation of powerful filters. Additionally, it would also be beneficial to display only content with a specific tag, and so on.

1. I'd like to second the comment above, to ensure we have filter / permission options per widget.  

The idea is to build a truly customized community as a user grows in their user journey.  New members might see more introductory and popular topics; returning members might see content that they started or participated in.  

2. Will IPS consider some basic meta options for widgets such as: 

- enable / disable Widget title

- widget title is a link 

- enable / disable border 

As a use case, in my Downloads section, I've built simple widgets for each category to to showcase the latest files per category.  It would make sense that clicking on the widgets title would go to respective file category. 

3. We're still going to have options to hide / display individual widgets on mobile vs tablet vs desktop? 

I can see community owners building more elaborate widget areas for desktop, but more streamlined for mobile.  (In my community, I've studied how my superusers are on desktop, my sales conversions happen the most on desktop, but 60% of my regular traffic is mobile. ) 

4. I'm curious about other clients thought process around spacing between widgets.  Is there a widget area where you would want tightly clustered widgets versus spread out widgets? 

5. Are these widget display options are available for database records? Any changes to default list options or display options of databases? 

Along with @Joel R suggestions - I would like (some) blocks (the first sections under pages) to have a temporal option -  when they go live and how long they live or if they only need to be active during a specific scheduled repeating time.  Sometimes we may need to prep stuff that is embargoed and want to get it setup prior for it to go live at a future date and time. 

Example I have a third party who has a daily broadcast stream I would like for their feed to appear when they are online. But that block disappears after the stream. 

Another feature that would be awesome - a way to reuse blocks from one page to another page. If you spend time adding blocks and dialing in the settings to the Forum Index but you may want that same set of widgets on the Blog  you have no choice but to start all over - If settings are not identical the presentation may cause distraction, people will notice and not make the site feel cohesive. 

In my mind If I am on the blog index there was an object on the left to drag and drop (existing configured blocks ) I drag to the target well - some interface that will show a card and allow me to pick existing configured blocks that are already present on other pages which appear in this target well.  

Perhaps some mechanism that knows that the blocks configured here are shared on other pages, If I modify a setting on one page an option to update these settings on all other pages that share this collection of blocks.  🙏