Developer's Community

Is their any central place where all developers are coming together to publish their addons? I remember many eon's back during vB days.. they used to have some modding community or at least some forum existed. 

With new IPS structure, it's annoying as hell from user perspective, going to 10 forums! I am also worried, that addon developers will not get new customers.. and they will move to different forums who support modding. 

But again, I am here not to debate on decision which has been made. Just looking for alternative solution if available. 

Thanks

The main disadvantage and biggest obstacle in using this forum is the overload of other information. This is not strictly a forum dedicated only to add-ons (skins, etc.), but generally just an addition to other content. I don't feel comfortable on this forum at all.

We are merely suggesting communities where developers have come together (or a community is dedicated to) providing a service of offering Invision Community plugins and addons.

Do you have any other suggestions or alternatives for the original poster and others that may be seeking the same information?

I've looked around for ages and unfortunately can't find one that does what you need @AlexJ. My process is that I have bookmarked about 7-8 Developers that I've used before to see whats around but its hard to keep up as its all splintered. I think because v5 is around the corner soon, I don't see many new apps, nor the discussion/bouncing of ideas on what the awesome developers could do with a simple idea or problem that many users had here over the years.

There should rightly be loads of good discussion on whats possible when v5 comes out. Its just where to find it so i'll keep looking like yourself and post up if I find something 👍

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

On the other hand, why release new apps if people don’t purchase them?

I agree with that totally. My point was that the eco-system was very good to create ideas and new apps, which in turn you would hope to create sales for people like yourself. The more people that see the ideas, add to the ideas and then see the application created, you would hope it creates a sale for developers - I know thats not the case all the time.

I have ideas, just don't know where to post them to get the most traction. Plus, the more people get behind a developer, usually it brings the cost down as not everyone can afford custom one-off jobs. Its not a slight on developers like you, Adriano. I've loved the thoughts and discussions with people like yourself on these places.

14 hours ago, Andreas Grace said:

May I ask why that is? My concern is that I missed something.

See for yourself. Distinguish the sections and topics devoted to modifications/skins from the rest and write how you did. 🙂

16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

On the other hand, why release new apps if people don’t purchase them? 

Can I ask, how much of an effect has the closure of the marketplace had on you (and other developers) in that respect?

• 2 weeks later...