Facebook (meta) Review

Hi

Its that time of year that i have to go through the pains of Facebook reviews, sorted the testing of the app. 

This new one i am not sure i can complete as my forum is not a business and don't have a verified business to link to 

Data Use Checkup

This annual checkup now requires that you connect apps to a verified business and answer data handling questions.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

What do i need to do to stop my app from being suspended ? to be honest i am getting fedup with jumping through hoops with Facebook and may well disable it.

If its easy to sort out i will continue but if not is there a way to convert my facebook users to normal logins

Thank you in advance

Facebook is continuing to make changes which are making it harder and harder for regular communities to continue this. If you cannot meet Facebook's requirement, I'm afraid, you have no other choice but to convert your users to the standard login which are using it and disable the Facebook login provider.

I'm on like my 6th review now trying to figure out what they need or want to verify the app and business.  I upload exactly what they require, I send messages asking for feedback, I try to send messages to their Support Chat and receive no answers.  It's been denied twice and the supporting reasoning was either corrected or incorrect (as that exact information was indeed provided).  The other times, the review was just cancelled with no reason (after weeks+ of waiting).

Every year they say the same old thing 

We weren't able to review your app because we are missing information required from you to complete our review. This violates Platform Term 7.a.

The information they require is a test account that is always available to them in my app settings, each time they try and register a new account to test and review the app. I manually approve all new registrations so they fail the review due to not being able to access the forum. Time and time again i tell then not to register new accounts for testing and use the test account available to them. I banned them at one point and that did not go down to well with support 😁

I always get through the app review but the business one is going to be difficult. 

Anyway back to my question? if i disable Facebook login, the members who registered using Facebook to create their account. Will they be able to use the default login method ? or will they get locked out of the forum.

12 minutes ago, bearback said:

Anyway back to my question? if i disable Facebook login, the members who registered using Facebook to create their account. Will they be able to use the default login method ? or will they get locked out of the forum.

I believe they'll need to click the reset password link on the login screen to set a password if they never set one. Other than that, you should be good.

10 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

I believe they'll need to click the reset password link on the login screen to set a password if they never set one. Other than that, you should be good.

Thank you for the info, hopefully they will figure that out them self's.

I will let all my members know before disabling Facebook.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 1:37 PM, bearback said:

What do i need to do to stop my app from being suspended ?

You need to complete the checkups they're asking you to complete. I just completed that data use checkup before the deadline, and my app wasn't suspended. 

I know it's frustrating, as they keep having recurring checkups, however it generally doesn't take that long to complete the checkup.  

I suppose they're just covering their backside. They're making you state that you're having this or that policy and doing this or that with the data etc... so that if they're ever sued again (remember they just paid $725,000,000 to settle a privacy lawsuit in 2022), they have all their ducks in a row. 

2 hours ago, David N. said:

You need to complete the checkups they're asking you to complete. I just completed that data use checkup before the deadline, and my app wasn't suspended. 

I know it's frustrating, as they keep having recurring checkups, however it generally doesn't take that long to complete the checkup.  

I suppose they're just covering their backside. They're making you state that you're having this or that policy and doing this or that with the data etc... so that if they're ever sued again (remember they just paid $725,000,000 to settle a privacy lawsuit in 2022), they have all their ducks in a row. 

I usually go through the checkup with a few issues and get there in the end. but this time round they are asking for me to have a business account or create one to complete the checkup.

i don’t have a business so cannot go any further, so looks like I won’t be using Facebook in the future. Trying to contact Facebook seems impossible.

13 minutes ago, David N. said:

If you're registered to do business with your real name in a country (any country) then you can use your real name as the business account name. 

I don’t have a business in my name. Even making one up they ask for payment option to be enabled on the account and verification. Not sure why I need a payment method on my account. Facebook are making something that should be easy to use, very difficult and to many hoops to jump through.