.Mov files are not playing?

5 minutes ago, Patrick Tipton said:

Thanks for the responses.  @opentype I am an admin and this was someone else's post and their video file. 

Since Invision Community specifically lists .mov as an acceptable file type, it makes zero sense that the files are not intended to be shared.

Cheers.

Im a little confused by your response there. mov is an accepted filetype, however they are also apple specific and will only play on apple devices. This is not something over which we have control. You can of course limit the uploading to specific types of file if you wanted to do so

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Im a little confused by your response there. mov is an accepted filetype, however they are also apple specific and will only play on apple devices. This is not something over which we have control. You can of course limit the uploading to specific types of file if you wanted to do so

I am playing back on a MacBook Pro, so I don't believe the problem is Apple.  I am using Firefox, so it is possible that Firefox is causing the issue.  I resaved the file as an MP4 and it now plays...

3 minutes ago, Patrick Tipton said:

I am playing back on a MacBook Pro, so I don't believe the problem is Apple.  I am using Firefox, so it is possible that Firefox is causing the issue.  I resaved the file as an MP4 and it now plays...

Firefox does not support MOV. However, Safari does.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Tipton said:

OK....so the recommendation then is to limit the forum uploads to MP4's....since the world doesn't revolve around Apple?

We do offer automatic video encoding on our Teams and up plans on Cloud if that is of interest. If you deal with small video numbers though, you could indeed limit video uploading to MP4 since it is a universal format.