Deleting IP Addresses does not work

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

9 hours ago, MaNiAc LRSC said:

Hi, i updated and doublecheck the Admin CP Access access deatils.

htacess and ssh detail not needed and not working.

Should this need escalating, we will need those details.

I have taken a look at that user, and while they do indeed have a few email addresses showing, all of those have been used in the last 30 days, so would not be deleted under the rules you have set up

I'm talkink about stored IP addresses, not email addresses at this point.
According to the  Member History
******** was last used at 04/17/2023
******* was last used at  04/17/2023
******** was last used at 06/05/2022

So it's stored longer than 30 days. Or do i misinterpret something ?

This user has e.g. a even longer "history":  Member History

Besides that, it would be interesting how to delete certain PII data after 30 days like the IP addresses.

i got feedback on my ticket that it is a bug in the software.

I told them, that i have to stress out that violating current laws regarding PII can mean severe penalties for those running a community. That's why i urge invision to bring up a quick solution and not wait for an upcoming release.

Answer was:

I'll see if we can release a patch for this once my code changes were reviewed and merged for the next release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 2:05 PM, MaNiAc LRSC said:

I told them, that i have to stress out that violating current laws regarding PII can mean severe penalties for those running a community.

This is a serious problem, especially for us in the EU. Will it be fixed in 4.7.16?

• Solution
6 minutes ago, Canis said:

This is a serious problem, especially for us in the EU. Will it be fixed in 4.7.16?

I have pinged our developer team to get an exact answer here. However, it should be in a coming release.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

I have pinged our developer team to get an exact answer here. However, it should be in a coming release.

Got an answer. This is indeed in our upcoming here and currently is in 4.7.16 Beta 3.

2 hours ago, Canis said:

Thanks Stuart, I thought I was going crazy.. 🙂

Looks like there still are IP's that are not pruned:
Registration
Poll votes
Member history

I cannot reproduce any issues with these being pruned. The IPs are being removed as expected.

We still have two settings for this that are becoming redundant, make sure that you have AdminCP > Settings > Posting > Prune IPs configured. We'll be looking to simplify this in future.