Unhiding a post

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

• Solution

This is assuming you have hidden it, which means it appears as red in a topic...

1. Read the post
  2. Click the indicated item

This is assuming you haven't actually hidden it, and instead have deleted it...

1. Go to /modcp/deleted/ on your site (ie...if your site is domain.com then go to domain.com/modcp/deleted/)
  2. Find the post
  3. You can then select it and undelete it.

Failing the above...no idea. Explain more about what you have actually done to hide the post. And if you mean topic, then say so as the location to unhide a hidden topic is different to what I am suggesting you do.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Thanks for that.  I will have to contact the chap who hosts our platform and ask him for help.   Alternatively I can get the original poster to post it again.

As I understand it then, if I hide a post I should normally still be able to see it.   Not sure what happened this time.

Cheers

Al

Further to this, I eventually found the post by going into the user's profile and it was listed there with the red header.  Unfortunately I still don't have the Unhide option on the drop down member.   Hopefully he will be able to unhide it ?

Could contain: Page, Text

Can't edit my post above. I want to add that:

I am an Unrestricted Administrator (access to moderate all forums). The option in the dropdown menu seems to be missing if the whole topic has been hidden. The option in the dropdown seems present if the topic is not hidden but only a specific post in the topic.

47 minutes ago, rhocar said:

Further to this, I eventually found the post by going into the user's profile and it was listed there with the red header.  Unfortunately I still don't have the Unhide option on the drop down member.   Hopefully he will be able to unhide it ?

Could contain: Page, Text

I've going to guess that it's not a post then...it's a topic.

If so:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

If still not there, provide a full screenshot of the 'post' so that we can see exactly what it is.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

18 hours ago, Luuuk said:

@Nathan Explosion

Yes, it looks like that.

But is this a bug that in case of a hidden topic ticking a single post in the topic offers in the black bar options to "Hide/Unhide" (and the only working one is to ... Hide ... again)?

They would always show that option, yes.  You cant unhide, as the post is not hidden. But you can hide the topic, select a few posts and hide them, then unhide the topic and those posts will remain hidden

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MythonPonty said:

Why isn't it possible for users to unhide their hidden content themselves?

Can I configure the user settings in such a way that they can independently unhide their own hidden topics again? @Marc Stridgen

Why would you want to do this?  It would mean any action you take as an admin with hidden content could simply be undone by the person.  So for example someone who posted something that should not be posted because it's against your rules could simply unhide the post you hid.

14 hours ago, MythonPonty said:

Why isn't it possible for users to unhide their hidden content themselves?

Can I configure the user settings in such a way that they can independently unhide their own hidden topics again? @Marc Stridgen

It is, if they have moderator permissions to do so. There is no facility for them to only hide/unhide their own content if thats what you are referring to