CloudFlare settings

Hi Randy,

That's the idea, would be great to remove all the menu for logged users, but don't know how to do that easily without breaking the rest of the site, the menu is fixed for all pages.

8 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

By the way… Google is viewing the page as a guest so it should be seeing a cached version of it. So logged in status is irrelevant. Logout, clear ALL cookies for site and reload the page. Look at the cachability headers. Paste a link if you are not sure. 

Yes, google is viewing the page as guest, but even if it's completely cached, the response time on the syntethic benchmarks are awful. I guess JS is playing a big role on the page performance, and that's beyond the cloudflare caching, and this can't be optimized easily afaik.

Best regards

Ricardo

33 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

That's the idea, would be great to remove all the menu for logged users, but don't know how to do that easily without breaking the rest of the site, the menu is fixed for all pages.

Likely require some form of customization in your Pages templates or Pages page itself to account for what you want there. It isn't a feature in the core feature to just show a logged out page to everyone.

1 hour ago, rfcontreras said:

Hi Jim, that's a major modification, unfortunately forking an application code is a pain. 

Thanks 

Ricardo

It would not be forking code. Basically just need to create a header/footer you want to use on those pages. It could be a simplified version of what is in use now that is plain HTML. Just trying to help you out here with ideas 😉 .

It worked fine for me for months and started having issues after changing nothing. That resulted in turning all of CF off to prove it was a problem there. Took forever to figure out where specifically the issue was because I had forgotten about it. 

So if you ever have weird or unexplained issues, I would start there with troubleshooting. 

• 4 months later...

Typically Zaraz is used by those who have problems adding stuff to their website themselves. For example a marketing team who does not want to get the IT or website coding team to add the Google code for them. 

What are you looking for Zaraz to specifically do for you that can’t be done through using the ACP application to insert GA code?  I personally would not suggest using it and just use the native method to do it just to keep things simple and not have to remember it down the road. In addition if you ever have to bypass CF for whatever reason, having it integrated there will cause an analytics gap since the code would stop being injected.

Personally I just don’t see any value that it would bring that you can’t already get today.

10 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

Anyone using Zaraz with Cloudflare? I just implemented Google Analytics.

I use in one of my less used sites for testing purposes. I haven't done before/after monitoring. 

Off topic:  I was setting up zero trust and that's when I noticed it. It would be interesting to know if you are using CF Email service with AWS.. trying to set up auto move, to validating for bounced emails. If you have experience in that, will PM you. 

1 hour ago, AlexWebsites said:

@Randy Calvert, I disagree. Zaraz can be used for offloading third-party scripts though cloudflare to help with site speed. They also have a custom html feature you can use. I offloaded GA4 and was just wondering if anyone else has and if anyone has offloaded anything else.

Google has its own cdn. You’re not really going to speed it up much. 

Can it help with other things that IPS does not have an integration for?  Possibly! 

I’m simply cautioning about making things more complex than they need to be. For GA specifically, I did not see any sort of huge speed difference and I doubt others will. And unless there is some value in doing this in Zaraz vs the simple checkbox area of the ACP… I don’t know why someone would add an additional layer to manage with their site. 

My recommendation would be to use it if you can’t already do it through the tools you have available to you. 

3 hours ago, AlexJ said:

I use in one of my less used sites for testing purposes. I haven't done before/after monitoring. 

Off topic:  I was setting up zero trust and that's when I noticed it. It would be interesting to know if you are using CF Email service with AWS.. trying to set up auto move, to validating for bounced emails. If you have experience in that, will PM you. 

Same, I only set up one site and am testing it. Shut off GA4 in IPS ACP and reviewing. Wondering what else I can offload.

2 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Google has its own cdn. You’re not really going to speed it up much. 

Can it help with other things that IPS does not have an integration for?  Possibly! 

I’m simply cautioning about making things more complex than they need to be. For GA specifically, I did not see any sort of huge speed difference and I doubt others will. And unless there is some value in doing this in Zaraz vs the simple checkbox area of the ACP… I don’t know why someone would add an additional layer to manage with their site. 

My recommendation would be to use it if you can’t already do it through the tools you have available to you. 

I get your point, I'm just trying to see what I can prevent from pulling locally off my server while being on their free tier.