Upgrade 4.7.2 Error [[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may

Hi all,

One hour ago I upgrading my forum and afther that my forum its not working anymore.. .

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

https://forum.alphagamblers.com/

I use defaul theme

Please guys can anyone help me

I'm getting the same error but it only shows up on the Admin side.  It appears to be a failed upgrade.   I can't login to the admin side and get the error message.  

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 1 month later...

@Jim MI am having the same problem and it isn't limited to my own site. Even this site has the same issue. When I come to Support Forums, the similar Template error shows here until I refresh the page.  At my own site, none of my updated themes work, not even the default theme, and I tried the "revert" global template fix, but that didn't help. I have all incompatible plugins disabled, but they still seem to be creating a problem. I tried to uninstall them and it throws an error and says I can't uninstall it. I have to manually return myself to my site because the error gives me no way back.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Troy

Edited by Vegan Gaymer

14 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

@Jim MI am having the same problem and it isn't limited to my own site. Even this site has the same issue. When I come to Support Forums, the similar Template error shows here until I refresh the page.  At my own site, none of my updated themes work, not even the default theme, and I tried the "revert" global template fix, but that didn't help. I have all incompatible plugins disabled, but they still seem to be creating a problem. I tried to uninstall them and it throws an error and says I can't uninstall it. I have to manually return myself to my site because the error gives me no way back.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Troy

You would need to contact the author of your theme. I have set a default unaltered theme there, and things load with no problem as you can see. The one you have named default, is actually customised, as you can see on the right of that.

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to contact the author of your theme. I have set a default unaltered theme there, and things load with no problem as you can see. The one you have named default, is actually customised, as you can see on the right of that.

The "new default" you added just showed me the same issue. All templates throw the same error. And the same issue is on THIS site, so it's not limited to my site. You happened to not see the issue because it disappears and reappears. You happened to be looking when the page was refreshed. What could the issue be if it is also on this site? See screenshot below. It goes away if I refresh or go to a different page, but it is here, too. What could that be?

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Edited by Vegan Gaymer

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is when using the new default you installed, so something isn't right... I don't think it's a template thing.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Please clear your browser cache, and also clear cache on the site if you are not logged in. I am seeing no issues at all on your site on the theme I created. 

We would need to look at the issue on our own site of course. Which also has a custom theme. Its worth noting however, we dont use that section any longer

6 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please clear your browser cache, and also clear cache on the site if you are not logged in. I am seeing no issues at all on your site on the theme I created. 

We would need to look at the issue on our own site of course. Which also has a custom theme. Its worth noting however, we dont use that section any longer

Both have been cleared multiple times. That's one of the first things to do. Should I open a ticket? I know it must be a plugin/application issue. For some reason, the system won't let me uninstall any applications, but they are disabled.

3 minutes ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

Both have been cleared multiple times. That's one of the first things to do. Should I open a ticket? I know it must be a plugin/application issue. For some reason, the system won't let me uninstall any applications, but they are disabled.

Never mind, I see that you no longer have a support ticket system.

Here are the PHP8 errors listed in my warnings. I have disabled Pay To Unlock and Member Map and LMS but I can't uninstall them. 

Plugin   Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\Member::link() N/A /plugins/groupcoloronuserlink/hooks/fb182e804964fec2d804192f6ec57b91.php:5 /system/Member/Member.php:2129
Plugin   Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\forums\Forum::clubForm() N/A /plugins/clubsenhancements/hooks/clubsenhancementsForumsQuestion.php:19 /applications/forums/sources/Forum/Forum.php:1939
Plugin   Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\core\modules\front\system\register::_createMember() N/A /plugins/clubsenhancements/hooks/clubsenhancementsNewMembers.php:18 /applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php:530
Application Pay to Unlock Forums Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\forums\Forum::clubForm() N/A /applications/paytounlockforums/hooks/ptufForumsForm.php:89 /applications/forums/sources/Forum/Forum.php:1939
Plugin   Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\core\modules\front\system\register::_createMember() N/A /plugins/memberlocation/hooks/registerHook.php:11 /applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php:530
Application Member Map Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\membermap\Markers\Markers::contentImages() N/A /applications/membermap/sources/Markers/Markers.php:718 /system/Content/Item.php:1679
Application Member Map Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\membermap\Markers\Groups::getLastCommentTime() N/A /applications/membermap/sources/Markers/Groups.php:198 /system/Node/Model.php:1063
Application Learning Management System Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\lms\Lesson::contentImages() N/A /applications/lms/sources/Lesson/Lesson.php:885 /system/Content/Item.php:1679
Application Learning Management System Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\lms\Lesson::getItemsWithPermission() N/A /applications/lms/sources/Lesson/Lesson.php:341 /system/Content/Item.php:2999
Application Learning Management System Mismatching parameter list  \IPS\lms\Module::getLastCommentTime() N/A /applications/lms/sources/Module/Module.php:396 /system/Node/Model.php:1063

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to contact the author of those applications if you are having problems with those items. We would not be able to assist with 3rd party items unfortunately

Wait, but the fact that I can't uninstall any of them is all on them? That doesn't make sense. I really dislike when issues are so quickly blamed on third-party plugins without investigating.

4 minutes ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

Wait, but the fact that I can't uninstall any of them is all on them? That doesn't make sense. I really dislike when issues are so quickly blamed on third-party plugins without investigating.

They would be in charge of verifying the uninstall script and ensuring they properly uninstall everything. If that is failing, they would indeed need to investigate why that is happening and assist you.

We can help in extreme situations, i.e. like the author is no longer available.

12 minutes ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

@Jim M do I have FTP access when I'm on a cloud plan? I have never used this.

Sorry, you do not. Only way would be for the author to release a fix via the marketplace or provide you a custom export to install (if you're on the right plan)

2 minutes ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

The developer says he can't help me

I didn't say that. I said I won't release new version as both apps are EOL and as I requested in the message, provide an ACP account and I will uninstall both apps from your system.

If you're willing new versions to keep using them, then you're alone. I won't do it.

Edited by Adriano Faria

5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I didn't say that.

When I said I do not have FTP access, you said: Then create a ticket and send these files to IPS; they can upload to you. Sorry, these apps are unsupported. I wanted to help you but this is out of my hands now.

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

If you're willing new versions to keep using them, then you're alone. I won't do it.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. Please clarify.