Version 4.7.2 and disabling applications

Hello,

I just installed 4.7.2 and to my surprise I can see there are a few applications that have been locked and my community is no longer working as expected 😞

I mean, the system is locking the applications. I haven't been able to install PHP 8 yet and now I find that certain KEY applications and locked and my community is not working as it should. I know you are locking for security reasons, next PHP 8 update, but there are will be many that will need time for the upgrade for various reasons. Locking the applications and NOT allowing to turn them on again is insane 😞

Now, my community is not working properly 😞 Why? Because, I rely on certain applications that are key to my community. 

For instance:

• The Tutorials system that @Adriano Faria created are KEY to my community. Now, it's gone 😞
  • The Newsletters application from @HeadStand
  • The VideoBox application from @onlyME
  • The drip campaigns from @rebraf

So now my community cannot:

• Display the tutorials
  • Display hundreds of videos
  • Cannot send newsletters
  • and cannot send the emails in the drip campaigns

I mean, this is insane. You should WARN users, not LOCK applications. You are rendering my community USELESS with these changes.

When the update happens, the script should have said BEFORE proceeding.....

Hey, we checked your applications and the following ones "......" will be locked and disable if you proceed with the upgrade. Contact with the developers BEFORE you proceed.

But no, IPS installs the upgrade and now I am f****. Why? I mean, it's insane. You just cannot do that without prior warning and don't tell me to read the posts in the community lounge, that would be even more insane. I should have been warned that those applications are going to be locked PRIOR to the upgrade.

How can I fix this then? I will have to contact the developers, they will take time to fix the applications and IPS will take even more time to approve the submissions. It's insane.

I believe that the new 4.7.2 update has NOT been done logically and properly. I am seriously affected and I am pretty sure that I won't be the only one. You didn't warn about the applications that were going to be disabled and LOCKED. Ok, IPS forum works because you are not using apps from the Marketplace, but since you created the marketplace in the first place, you MUST WARN those who have installed those applications that the marketplace supports. You must warn users before they install a new forum version if the upgrade will disable and lock certain applications that could be critical for other users.

IPS has its own developers, 99% of your clients won't. So, locking and disabled the apps without warning BEFORE the UPDATE button is pressed is INSANE 😞 

Isn't there a way to re-enable them? Don't tell me to restore a backup. That wouldn't fix the issue that 4.7.2 update logic is wrong because it does NOT work that your community could be f**** if you proceed with the upgrade 😞

Thanks

I don't want to create separate topic... but I updated and same thing. 

This warning should be provided before I upgrade and not post the upgrade. 

The following third party applications were disabled:

marktopic
donate
cjcontact
bulkpm
quizzes
brilliantdiscord
radtags
communitymap
ideas

So now I need to request the developers to fix their code? Did those developers where given enough notice to update their applications? 

This is piss of play from IPS. 

8 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

I don't want to create separate topic... but I updated and same thing. 

This warning should be provided before I upgrade and not post the upgrade. 

The following third party applications were disabled:

marktopic
donate
cjcontact
bulkpm
quizzes
brilliantdiscord
radtags
communitymap
ideas

So now I need to request the developers to fix their code? Did those developers where given enough notice to update their applications? 

This is piss of play from IPS. 

I agree. It's just insane. They did NOT warn us. They are developers, so they can fix their own issues. IPS cannot just disable and lock without prior warning.

Had I known, I would have not upgraded to 4.7.2 and would have contacted the developers BEFORE upgrading.

Please, IPS, you should allow us to enable those applications temporarily until the developers make them compatible. You didn't warn us, you have to create a functionality to let us re-enable them.

Edited by OptimusBain