Your Invision Community license expires emails go crazy?

It appears to be official notices from client area from a noreply address

Your Invision Community license expires soon!

An active license opens up access to many more services and offerings, including our Spam Defense service, and technical support and updates. 

Edited by Washerhelp

16 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

It is from my own domain... postmaster@mydomain.no

I have 10-20 this morning...

Please confirm what emails. Are these also expiry emails? Please update your access details on file, as currently they appear to be incorrect. We can then get this looked at for you.

16 hours ago, Washerhelp said:

I've had to turn off notifications in my control panel, which has stopped them. 

Please update your access details so we can take a look at this for you.

This looks like it's the funny issue I encountered with DateTime::diff() when timezones aren't bypassed in DateTime::ts().

When the diff is 1 day 30 minutes for instance, it would return -1 year, +11 months, +29 days, +23 hours, +30 minutes.

This issue caused the online indicator on our site to stop function, as the diff wasn't "just 15 minutes". $diff->y would for instance not be TRUE ,as it's -1.
Fixed that issue by changing this in Member::isOnline()

$diff = \IPS\DateTime::ts( $this->last_activity, TRUE )->diff( \IPS\DateTime::create() );

Wonder is this is just an issue for those in a + timezone (only speculations)

Edited by Martin A.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:16 PM, Jim M said:

Thanks, Martin! I have let our developers know to review your comment 🙂 .

I undid the change I made to @Kjell Iver Johansen's install yesterday and added some debugging to see what's going on. The emails came back this morning. No more than 3 at the same time, surely this can be fixed to send it daily instead..

if ( $daysLeft <= 7 )
{
	\IPS\Log::log( [
		'withBypass' => [
			(new \IPS\DateTime)->diff( \IPS\DateTime::ts( strtotime( $response['expires'] ), TRUE ) ),
			(int) (new \IPS\DateTime)->diff( \IPS\DateTime::ts( strtotime( $response['expires'] ), TRUE ) )->format('%r%a'),
		],
		'withoutBypass' => [
			(new \IPS\DateTime)->diff( \IPS\DateTime::ts( strtotime( $response['expires'] ) ) ),
			(int) (new \IPS\DateTime)->diff( \IPS\DateTime::ts( strtotime( $response['expires'] ) ) )->format('%r%a')
		],
		'response' => $response
	], 'martinDebug' );

\IPS\core\AdminNotification::send( 'core', 'License', 'expireSoon', FALSE );
}
array (
  'withBypass' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    DateInterval::__set_state(array(
       'y' => 0,
       'm' => 1,
       'd' => 18,
       'h' => 23,
       'i' => 37,
       's' => 58,
       'f' => 0.948895,
       'weekday' => 0,
       'weekday_behavior' => 0,
       'first_last_day_of' => 0,
       'invert' => 0,
       'days' => 48,
       'special_type' => 0,
       'special_amount' => 0,
       'have_weekday_relative' => 0,
       'have_special_relative' => 0,
    )),
    1 => 48,
  ),
  'withoutBypass' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    DateInterval::__set_state(array(
       'y' => -1,
       'm' => 10,
       'd' => 11,
       'h' => 0,
       'i' => 22,
       's' => 1,
       'f' => 0.051112,
       'weekday' => 0,
       'weekday_behavior' => 0,
       'first_last_day_of' => 0,
       'invert' => 1,
       'days' => 48,
       'special_type' => 0,
       'special_amount' => 0,
       'have_weekday_relative' => 0,
       'have_special_relative' => 0,
    )),
    1 => -48,
  ),
  'response' => 
  array (
    'active' => true,
    'cloud' => false,
    'expires' => '2022-10-28 07:00:00',
    'products' => 
    array (
      'gallery' => true,
      'cms' => true,
      'forums' => true,
      'calendar' => true,
      'spam' => true,
    ),
    'chat_limit' => 5,
    'support' => 'Standard',
    'legacy' => false,
    'plan' => NULL,
  ),
)

As you can see, -48 days since it expired when you don't bypass timezones. You are comparing a unix timestamp with another unix timestamp, so you shouldn't adjust for timezones anyway.

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This really needs to be looked at in the ticket that was created. The ticket was closed because a fix was manually added. Please revert the changes entirely, and I can then reopen that ticket and add these details. 

How do I reopen that ticket then? Can't you just open that ticket yourselve? You see - I have an issue with emails coming from your supportsystem are not received on my mailserver and I do not like using so much time with this issue as long as the error is found.

I feel you may have misunderstood what I said above. You need the issue to be reverted, and then "I" can reopen that ticket. 

I understand you are having issues with emails, however your other email address was added to that, and you should add that as an alternative contact. I cannot escalate your ticket and get you a resolution if you cannot recieve the emails

18 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I do not like using so much time with this issue as long as the error is found.

Of course this is up to yourself. We cannot however resolve the issue unless we have the issue to resolve

Hi there. Is there nothing I can check myself? I very much appreciate that getting access to people's dashboard is a much more preferable way of dealing with things for you guys, but I've had a lot of poor and bad experience with people accessing my backend :-) including someone replacing my htaccess file with a bog standard basic one and deleting over 40 of my redirects and various other customisations. There are other incidents that I won't bore you with too. I hasten to add that this was not you guys. But I just prefer not to let people have a direct look until at least the basics have been checked.

As reported last week, I had disabled the, "Invision Community License expires or will expire soon" notification in my dashboard. I have just tried re-enabling it, and received 2 more, "Your Invision Community License" expiry notifications within less than a minute.

Just to confirm, my licence does not expire while 22 November. Plus, I have run Invision forums for over 10 years, and to my recollection they never send me these emails because it just gets automatically paid by direct debit.