Twitter Embeds

My Sharona

I have been meaning to post this for a couple of years now.

Can we stop the ability to embed Twitter account feeds? Normally you would post the url of a Tweet and it embeds. However if you post the url of a Twitter user's account, it will embed a litany of their posts. This is far from ideal. At the very least, please create an ACP setting to turn this functionality off while still embedding individual Tweets. I don't want my users to have this ability and it just creates clutter in my opinion. Not to mention it continually updates.

An example of a Twitter user's url embedding:

Edited by My Sharona

Nobody on my site believes this is like this by design and keep reporting it. I know that there's an option of pasting as a link instead, but many don't realise this. So, yes, an option somewhere to disable this would be great.

Edited by PPlanet

It would be much better if the editor asked the user what to do with such URLs when pasting instead of embedding immediately. A simple dialog box with two options: embed or paste as a link.

By the way, it looks much better if you limit the max-width to around 400px.

Edited by 13.

4 hours ago, 13. said:

It would be much better if the editor asked the user what to do with such URLs when pasting instead of embedding immediately. A simple dialog box with two options: embed or paste as a link.

By the way, it looks much better if you limit the max-width to around 400px.

While it's not a choice when you initially paste the link, the editor does ask you if you want to keep it as a link after the embed process is actually done. 🙄

jwRy5dQ.png

• 1 year later...