(NE) Contact Us - check sender

v1.1.0 is now out - go to your Plugins listing, click on the "Marketplace" link and install the update.

What's new?

• Plugin converted to an application
  • Addition of a tracker to allow you to see details about emails being 'blocked' by the application
  • Email address is checked against IPS Spam Service, if you have it enabled, and appropriate action is performed as per settings in the Tracker

image.thumb.png.85623fb0b39a5281611b03de0e8f7d02.png

image.thumb.png.4f160f1c7ed75e81a5f3e8f0f7fd4dfc.png

Nathan,

The new app version is working great, thank you.

Its already detected my regular spammer that was added to the banned list, and also its prevented another spammer that it picked up as being flagged on the IPS Spam Defense service.

5A8ECBAF-1FE5-416B-899A-30A95AC66EF6.thumb.jpeg.08165801bd76be36fbcfad1702a0072a.jpeg

If I look at the Spam Logs, the log shows that flagged spammer 3 times 

E97892BC-6C32-4380-A123-DE432E27B1A4.thumb.jpeg.30950f0ad4b38ad99068c745a1e0f0e2.jpeg

Without your app, that spammer would have spammed my 3 times, despite IPS Spam Defense knowing about him.

Thanks again, nice job.

Edited by The Old Man
On 5/18/2021 at 9:29 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

Email address is checked against IPS Spam Service, if you have it enabled, and appropriate action is performed as per settings in the Tracker

Hi Nathan,

I see the latest version has this functionality removed at the request of IPS. Such a shame, appreciate your position but thank you for trying to improve the Contact Form situation. Fortunately the other aspects of the plugin are still there.

Edited by The Old Man
Just now, Nathan Explosion said:

I don't use Commerce, so can't answer your question.

What issue are you having, if any?

No issue, was just wondering because I mark a ticket as spam and eric jones keeps sending..lol 

I installed your app yesterday and one email was blocked as spam probably with IPS spam service. I just updated to remove that per the posts above, but was a nice feature. 

Currently for this app without IPS spam service, the email address would have to be on the IPS local ban list, correct? That's the only way to stop them?

Maybe another version (paid) where you can integrate a spam check against other non IPS spam services like https://www.stopforumspam.com/usage? Just an idea.

10 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

No issue, was just wondering because I mark a ticket as spam and eric jones keeps sending..lol 

OK - but this application doesn't get involved in the marking of spam (and no longer has any connection to checking the spam service as of v1.1.1).

Your question relating to the "what happens when I mark something as spam?" would be better directed at IPS themselves - I personally doubt that just one person marking an email address as spam would instantly mark is as a spammer up on the IPS Spam Service...that's open for abuse, right there.

Currently for this app without IPS spam service, the email address would have to be on the IPS local ban list, correct? That's the only way to stop them?

Correct

Maybe another version (paid) where you can integrate a spam check against other non IPS spam services like https://www.stopforumspam.com/usage? Just an idea.

Maybe.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
20 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

Didn't want to mention it yesterday - had already been building it in as an extra/alternative to using the IPS Spam Service when I got the nod about removing the IPS Spam Service functionality, so had to rip it out as hadn't fully tested it out.

So...v1.2.0 has been submitted for approval

image.thumb.png.03abf85cffa5210201c4a28a23d2135c.png

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Didn't want to mention it yesterday - had already been building it in as an extra/alternative to using the IPS Spam Service when I got the nod about removing the IPS Spam Service functionality, so had to rip it out as hadn't fully tested it out.

So...v1.2.0 has been submitted for approval

image.thumb.png.03abf85cffa5210201c4a28a23d2135c.png

Nice! That is great news.

Just updated to v1.3.0. Looks great, love the new options.

Oops, sorry to be a numpty, but what am I missing? I enabled the SFS option, read the info via the useful help links and just left the settings at default, but when I try to save the form it always says:

Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again.

1E1D08D7-E361-418A-9AB1-6BA16815EE22.thumb.jpeg.e76f0aedd834daba73378d67154ea51a.jpeg

4A7AC8BF-57FA-4E70-9978-57C498A33353.thumb.jpeg.c97943734c111f6898dc0858b64eecd0.jpeg

D51D2488-7BF4-4DBF-BEB1-A605431C6FAB.thumb.jpeg.b53ad075afc55e6ac1729d5821ec81aa.jpeg