(NE) Contact Us - check sender

Just now, Nathan Explosion said:

Thank you - I'll do some testing myself later, but I run the same config as you currently do on my own site, and I've got emails coming through ok.

Update here later once I've checked it out further

OK, thanks. It's on a dedicated server, so I have access to all logs or whatever if necessary. 

Yep, I can reproduce this too - my most recent email via the Contact Us methid is dated 4th July.

Looks like PHP 7.4.30 might be the culprit here - it was released on 9th June but was applied to my hosting on 5th July with no other changes occurring in my configuration.

Leave it with me - will get an update out as soon as I spot what is going on.

Scratch that - this is my fault..checking my notes, I also upgraded to my own v1.6.1 on 5th July too, and that introduces the stupid issue which is me leaving some debugging code behind on the hook.

Apologies for this to anyone who had upgraded to v1.6.1 - my fault, stupid idiot.

Also spotted an issue with the stopforumspam regional endpoint for Europe, so working on that one.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

v1.7.0 is now pending approval

NEW

• 'Form customization' settings tab added to allow the following:
    • Reordering of the fields on the form (applicable to when guests use the form)
    • Ability to add a message to the form, to act as an instructional or informational guide to the person using the form.

CHANGES

• Name change to (NE) 'Contact Us' enhancements
  • Minor language changes in the 'Settings' page

FIXES

• None
  • 1 month later...

v1.7.1 is currently pending approval.

NEW

• Added setting to control logging of valid email sending in the application's tracker

FIXES

• Minor hook compatibility update for IPS Community Suite 4.7.x

Important: please note that as we are no longer able to mark resources in the MarketPlace as compatible with multiple versions of Invision Community Suite, this update as well as any future updates can only be installed if you have upgraded to Invision Community Suite 4.7

6 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

v1.7.1 is currently pending approval.

NEW

• Added setting to control logging of valid email sending in the application's tracker

FIXES

• Minor hook compatibility update for IPS Community Suite 4.7.x

Important: please note that as we are no longer able to mark resources in the MarketPlace as compatible with multiple versions of Invision Community Suite, this update as well as any future updates can only be installed if you have upgraded to Invision Community Suite 4.7

Awesome. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Nathan,

I'm still using the free version v1.4.1 (10401) and IPS have now started disabling it, despite it never logging or causing any errors.

The only thing I've noticed is that it doesn't block any emails if you have Member Registration deactivated. 

I ran the hook core_extensions_contactus_email.php through a PHP8.1 validator and it passed with flying colours, but a second validator flagged a warning for this bit within line 28:

array("ban_type=?", 'email')) as $bannedEmail)

as missing the greater than symbol:

array("ban_type=>?", 'email')) as $bannedEmail)

Bit of a cheeky question, but is it possible to provide a quick copy and paste patch to address the 2 reported issues in the Support Tool > Compatibility Checker, please?

Outdated Overloaded 3rd Party Methods

Issue: Mismatching parameter list

Method: \IPS\core\extensions\core\ContactUs\Email::handleForm()

Bad Parameter: N/A

Subclass/Hook File: /applications/neappcontactus/hooks/core_extensions_contactus_email.php:15

Base class/file: /applications/core/extensions/core/ContactUs/Email.php:62

Priority: Yes

Issue: Conflicting parameter type

Method: same as above

Bad parameter: $values

Subclass/Hook File: /applications/neappcontactus/hooks/core_extensions_contactus_email.php:15

Base class/file: /applications/core/extensions/core/ContactUs/Email.php:62

Priority: Yes

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 4:12 PM, Chris027 said:

I love this app. 

Question: Can it be made to log every use of the contact us form? 

I’d love to know the IP address of people using the form. Right now we have zero information about senders, other than what they give us. 

On 8/29/2022 at 4:22 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

I'll have a think about it for the next version.

I was going to report a spammer via the Stop Forum Spam submission form, but it requires the sender's IP address. Perhaps another reason to log the IP address and make it visible in the tracker?

v1.7.2 is currently pending approval

NEW

• IP address of sender is available in tracker
    • logging begins after update to this version.
    • IP addresses will be pruned from the tracker if the IPS setting 'Prune Member IP Addresses' is configured to do so.

FIXES

• fixed issue when a logged in member uses the form, the 'Display message' would always be displayed above the 'Your message' editor regardless of the configuration in place for the 'Display message'.

v1.8.0 is now pending approval, with one new feature:

NEW

• Added functionality to require guests to validate their email address, using a validation code sent to them, before their email is actually sent via the 'Contact us' form.
    • Feature is disabled by default, requires enabling via settings.
    • Code length can be configured (default: 6 characters).
    • Code can be expired after a period of time (default: 5 minutes).
    • Expired codes are cleaned up daily via the application's pruning task.

Here's how it looks:

After clicking 'Send'...

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text, Business Card, Paper

Email received...

Could contain: Page, Text

User will be advised if they enter a wrong code (see image below) or an expired code (similar to image below)...

Could contain: Text

Note: ignore the '2232' there - I've only just spotted it and it is my fat fingers in the language strings. Will be fixed in v1.8.1 but can be 'patched' simply by editing the 'js_neapp_contactus_form_validate_email_validate_wrong' language string yourself.

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

v1.8.0 is now pending approval, with one new feature:

NEW

• Added functionality to require guests to validate their email address, using a validation code sent to them, before their email is actually sent via the 'Contact us' form.
    • Feature is disabled by default, requires enabling via settings.
    • Code length can be configured (default: 6 characters).
    • Code can be expired after a period of time (default: 5 minutes).
    • Expired codes are cleaned up daily via the application's pruning task.

Here's how it looks:

After clicking 'Send'...

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text, Business Card, Paper

Email received...

Could contain: Page, Text

User will be advised if they enter a wrong code (see image below) or an expired code (similar to image below)...

Could contain: Text

Note: ignore the '2232' there - I've only just spotted it and it is my fat fingers in the language strings. Will be fixed in v1.8.1 but can be 'patched' simply by editing the 'js_neapp_contactus_form_validate_email_validate_wrong' language string yourself.

This is amazing!

• 3 weeks later...