Hump Day: in case you've been living under a very large rock

graphic.png

Ahh another addition of Hump Day! A lot has changed since last week's HD.ย ๐Ÿค 

In case you've been living under a very large rock, Invision Community announced/launched our latest feature: Achievements!ย 

Read our Blog Post about it here.

This also means that this community is officially on our latest update: 4.6.ย 

This update will be available to you all in the coming weeks!

In the comments of the announcement blog post, @Mattย posted some additional visuals for you to digest. I'm going to include them here as well!

---

Here's an example of me manually giving a badge and/or points.
ย 

image.thumb.png.f8944274c29ca1413c7e78b0

ย 

Here's the dialog the moderators can use:

image.thumb.png.5e5223c792679bf02dfb7308

ย 

One other thing we haven't spoken about is that you can allow your moderators to deduct points from a user when they are warned.

2021-04-14_11-03-06.thumb.jpg.f1ebd58342

ย 

I have a feeling you guys have lots of comments / questions / concerns (and props of course) to submit, so please feel free to sound off in the replies below.ย 

ย 

Missed the blog post? Ch-ch-check it out:

ย 

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Better if they keep things in one place only. There are now 2 topics and one entry about the same matter. We have to dig in 3 places.ย 

Indeed, but this isn't related to my post I guess?

@Jordan Invisionย It could be useful to enable the bugtracker now we are on 4.6 here?

566823157_2021-04-1422_19.30invisioncommunity.com4eab12f7593d.png.88d019580bcff112fbb5c5afd2d5565a.pngย 

Seems like a great idea! ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

I saw in another thread that the points system is already active on this site, and that the points have already been calculated...

So I am surprised to find I still have the lowest 'newbie' rank, given I have over 100 posts here.

Maybe I misunderstood andย the points only start counting from the day the feature went live, but I'm sure I read otherwise?

ย 

This also raises another question... assuming we do have the option to recalculate points/achievements based on all-time member history, does that mean users with thousands of points and reactions will get inundatedย with badges all at once?ย 

ย 

Edited by theipsguy

5 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Comment partiesย ๐Ÿค‘

Multiple topics about about the same thing ends up merged in to one on my site. You posted a new topic about the only thing being discussed in this forum and then cross-linked it on the original topic...

I think I am almost done being involved in general discussion on here going forward...I am sticking to helping people out as and when I can.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Nathan Explosion

• Management
21 hours ago, theipsguy said:

Seems like a great idea! ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

I saw in another thread that the points system is already active on this site, and that the points have already been calculated...

So I am surprised to find I still have the lowest 'newbie' rank, given I have over 100 posts here.

Maybe I misunderstand andย the points only start counting from the day the feature went live, but I'm sure I read otherwise?

ย 

This also raises another question... assuming we do have the option to recalculate points/achievements based on all-time member history, does that mean users with thousands of points and reactions will get inundatedย with badges all at once?ย 

ย 

Thereโ€™s a bug with the rebuild. Iโ€™m working on it and then will rebuild here.ย 

21 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Multiple topics about about the same thing ends up merged in to one on my site. You posted a new topic about the only thing being discussed in this forum and then cross-linked it on the original topic...

I think I am almost done being involved in general discussion on here going forward...I am sticking to helping people out as and when I can.

Appreciate your perspective ๐Ÿ™ย