Hump Day: in case you've been living under a very large rock

graphic.png

Ahh another addition of Hump Day! A lot has changed since last week's HD. 🤠

In case you've been living under a very large rock, Invision Community announced/launched our latest feature: Achievements! 

Read our Blog Post about it here.

This also means that this community is officially on our latest update: 4.6. 

This update will be available to you all in the coming weeks!

In the comments of the announcement blog post, @Matt posted some additional visuals for you to digest. I'm going to include them here as well!

---

Here's an example of me manually giving a badge and/or points.

image.thumb.png.f8944274c29ca1413c7e78b0

Here's the dialog the moderators can use:

image.thumb.png.5e5223c792679bf02dfb7308

One other thing we haven't spoken about is that you can allow your moderators to deduct points from a user when they are warned.

2021-04-14_11-03-06.thumb.jpg.f1ebd58342

I have a feeling you guys have lots of comments / questions / concerns (and props of course) to submit, so please feel free to sound off in the replies below. 

Missed the blog post? Ch-ch-check it out:

Seems like a great idea! 😄 

I saw in another thread that the points system is already active on this site, and that the points have already been calculated...

So I am surprised to find I still have the lowest 'newbie' rank, given I have over 100 posts here.

Maybe I misunderstood and the points only start counting from the day the feature went live, but I'm sure I read otherwise?

This also raises another question... assuming we do have the option to recalculate points/achievements based on all-time member history, does that mean users with thousands of points and reactions will get inundated with badges all at once? 

Edited by theipsguy

5 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Comment parties 🤑

Multiple topics about about the same thing ends up merged in to one on my site. You posted a new topic about the only thing being discussed in this forum and then cross-linked it on the original topic...

I think I am almost done being involved in general discussion on here going forward...I am sticking to helping people out as and when I can.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

• Management
21 hours ago, theipsguy said:

Seems like a great idea! 😄 

I saw in another thread that the points system is already active on this site, and that the points have already been calculated...

So I am surprised to find I still have the lowest 'newbie' rank, given I have over 100 posts here.

Maybe I misunderstand and the points only start counting from the day the feature went live, but I'm sure I read otherwise?

This also raises another question... assuming we do have the option to recalculate points/achievements based on all-time member history, does that mean users with thousands of points and reactions will get inundated with badges all at once? 

There’s a bug with the rebuild. I’m working on it and then will rebuild here. 

21 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Multiple topics about about the same thing ends up merged in to one on my site. You posted a new topic about the only thing being discussed in this forum and then cross-linked it on the original topic...

I think I am almost done being involved in general discussion on here going forward...I am sticking to helping people out as and when I can.

Appreciate your perspective 🙏