Spam from guests

In addition to what Adriano shared, you can go to member groups in the ACP and verify that the guest group doesn't have posting permissions. If your guest posts are appearing without being associated with an account after being approved by a moderator, this is how it's happening.

Post before registering doesn't require moderator approval as a function of being enabled, so that makes me think you might have guest posts turned on and the guests usergroup set to require moderator approval before posting.

I've confirmed this behavior and I think it's a bug. When using post before registering and a post triggers the profanity filter (either by way of having a link that isn't allowed or by having a word that triggers moderation through the profanity filter), the guest post (prior to registration being completed) triggers the approval queue.

10 hours ago, CoffeeCake said:

I've confirmed this behavior and I think it's a bug. When using post before registering and a post triggers the profanity filter (either by way of having a link that isn't allowed or by having a word that triggers moderation through the profanity filter), the guest post (prior to registration being completed) triggers the approval queue.

Can you please submit a ticket? I'd like to take a look at this closer.

55 minutes ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

I found it, thanks. 🙂 

Just logged into the client area and saw the initial response I got was that this would be a feature request and not a bug. Do you need me to create a thread in the feature request forum making a request that this behavior be modified?

There may be some confusion in the support response. Post Before Registering is completely invisible to us out of the box until the person goes through with registering. That we'd be prompted to look at content submitted that is otherwise invisible and decide whether or not to approve it before they complete the registration seems like a flaw to me. If they don't complete the registration, it will delete itself. I'd offer that the profanity/link filter should only be triggered when the registration is complete and the post is about to be published.

Just now, CoffeeCake said:

Just logged into the client area and saw the initial response I got was that this would be a feature request and not a bug. Do you need me to create a thread in the feature request forum making a request that this behavior be modified?

There may be some confusion in the support response. Post Before Registering is completely invisible to us out of the box until the person goes through with registering. That we'd be prompted to look at content submitted that is otherwise invisible and decide whether or not to approve it before they complete the registration seems like a flaw to me. If they don't complete the registration, it will delete itself. I'd offer that the profanity/link filter should only be triggered when the registration is complete and the post is about to be published.

Indeed - I reached out to support and clarified. What you described is a bug, and I'm investigating.

• 2 months later...

So it's still a mistake. Waiting for corrections 🙂

On 3/31/2021 at 7:37 PM, Adriano Faria said:

You probably has Post Before Registering enabled. Disable it

Where? I don't remember such an option. In the law forums, everything is fine.