IOS photos are uploaded upside down

Guy Shimon
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Which version of iOS are you using? I'm not able to replicate this in my development environment with new photos taken with an iPhone 13 running iOS 16.

I am however able to replicate it with the images in the portrait.zip file in this topic which suggests the problem is likely with the images themselves.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump an old topic but members running into this.  Images flipped 180 degrees.

IPS 4.7.10

BrowserSafari 15.6.1 on iPhone
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 15_6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

• 1 year later...

I have just tested this both on my own instance and on an instance here, and both rotate. Unfortunately, it seems its your server that is not reading the information, which would be a hosting related issue

Not sure what else we can really do to assist here unfortunately. As you have seen the software itself is working as expected, even with the image example given. The only difference here is the exif reading on your own server

Then why did this work fine before? I am running php8.2 since I am on debian 12, I think about a year and this rotate issue surfaced since a few months ago. Since then I have been running apt update && upgrade and Invision Community updates, so one of those are likely candidates as a source of the problem.

Will all due respect, you are not helping much. I rather have some useful suggestions, either from you or from another community member.