A Small Observation (Moderation Edits)

Brian Klein

?name=inline-78680421.png

I do have a small observation or small critique on this; please don't take this the wrong way but it seems like this could be a big issue moving forward and I hope my voice will be heard here. I mean NO disrespect.

---

ACP -> Community -> Forums -> Settings -> disable "Moderation events between posts"

---

I feel this option should not be an 'On' or 'Off' option, but rather a "permission set" type of item or perhaps both one to turn it on and another to allow who can see these; allowing me to chose which groups can see it. I feel this particular item is a staff only sort of item and I wish there was a way to only allow my moderators or administrators to see this; guests have no reason to see moderated modifications to posts but staff does. While this option is awesome for staff use, it seems a bit misplaced allowing a visitor to see changes that moderators do.

Please don't take this to heart, I just feel it is a change that needs to be implemented having used the product a long time, love the staff, and company, it comes from a good heart and place.

Thank you for this topic I was just looking how to remove "Large time gaps between posts" and "Moderation events between post" 

The options are not needed and take up more space, just trying to condense the theme down a bit :wink:

Edited by bearback

I also would love to see here an option to display these messages to all users but without mentioning the exact moderator, who performed the action.

I.e., groups with permissions will see:

• %username% changed the title from "ABC" to "123"
  • %username% moved %n% messages to the %topic%

While ordinary users will see:

• Moderator changed the title from "ABC" to "123"
  • Moderator moved %n% messages to the %topic%

Where %username% is the username and Moderator is just text.

Edited by Mr 13

4 hours ago, Mr 13 said:

I also would love to see here an option to display these messages to all users but without mentioning the exact moderator, who performed the action.

We looked into implementing exactly this. The way these blurbs are handled looked especially challenging as the entire text is returned within a single template variable, so there's no chance to put in the necessary logic at the template level. The only way to do this is via code hook.

Let us hope that this finds the IPS staff well and is something they are willing to consider; Thank you all for posting your thoughts -- Feel free to post your thoughts to continue this thread in hopes of getting the IPS staff's attention if you feel the cause is just. I did not expect this kind of backing when I originally posted, it seems more then just myself feel this way about this particular option in the Administrative Control Panel.

Thank you all for posting your thoughts.

• 1 month later...

Good observations.

I would also like to have an option to delete chosen events - for example I've changed thread title 2 times and then user changed title 1 time and basically there are 3 moderation events visible (that's too much IMHO). Would be good to have a delete option (permission based).