hCaptcha support

Tarun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 3:05 PM, Tarun said:

A plugin is nice and all, but it requires maintenance on both ends. Support for this being integrated into the IPS platform is more ideal.

@rebraf is as close as you will get to a Tier 3 IPS developer in the IPS Marketplace, so you can consider his files to be on par with core development.  

• 1 month later...

I don’t mind getting it from the marketplace from top rated developers like @rebraf or @Adriano Faria who I’ve gotten many top free and paid apps and plugins from. But I am having the same privacy concerns with reCAPTCHA that Cloudflare is and some of my other staff members on other non-IPS sites I run recently took down Google and put up hCAPTCHA in its place. I think as crucial as privacy is this is something that should be implemented not as a plugin but at the core level that should either replace Google or be an option to use one over the other. In the meantime, I will look for tools like these from folks I trust like those I mentioned above but I hope also the day comes that it is offered with IPS core. Not that I am knocking the skills of the individuals mentioned, they might as well work for Invision and submit official components for inclusion as far as I’m concerned but either way these are features I’d really like to see included.